toner refills for Konica Minolta Magicolor 2400W ?

Tags:
  • Printers
  • Magicolor
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
January 15, 2005 3:08:58 PM

I am so tempted to buy this printer: Konica Minolta Magicolor 2400w. -
claimed to be the worlds smallest colour laser, and seems to have greats
specs!

However, the cost of toners, especially here in Australia is incredible. To
replace all 4 toners will cost me double the cost of the printers itself!

Does anybody know of any place that has ink refill kits for the Magicolor
2400W toners ???

More about : toner refills konica minolta magicolor 2400w

Anonymous
January 15, 2005 3:08:59 PM

"Freedom" <nospambastards@goaway.com> wrote in message
> I am so tempted to buy this printer: Konica Minolta Magicolor 2400w. -
> claimed to be the worlds smallest colour laser, and seems to have greats
> specs!
>
> However, the cost of toners, especially here in Australia is incredible.
> replace all 4 toners will cost me double the cost of the printers itself!
>
> Does anybody know of any place that has ink refill kits for the Magicolor
> 2400W toners ???

It's the Polmer toners that make the output so good. It's also the reason
not to use re-charged cartridges. The toner is a patented formula. There are
oils in the powder to lubricate the workings. Use another toner (even just
the black) and the printer will screach at you.

Kiah
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 3:44:33 PM

Even in North America, the cost of one refill of toner (using the same
size "Standard size" that are in there when you buy (the 1500 copy at 5%
yield) costs about as much as the printer.

The 4500 copy high yeild cartridegs will indeed cost about 1.5X the cost
of the printer here.

Art

Freedom wrote:

> I am so tempted to buy this printer: Konica Minolta Magicolor 2400w. -
> claimed to be the worlds smallest colour laser, and seems to have greats
> specs!
>
> However, the cost of toners, especially here in Australia is incredible. To
> replace all 4 toners will cost me double the cost of the printers itself!
>
> Does anybody know of any place that has ink refill kits for the Magicolor
> 2400W toners ???

January 16, 2005 10:55:16 AM

This fact prevents me from buying the printer.

I understand that you can get toner refill kits for something like HP colour
laserjets, much much cheaper!
The reason why I dont buy a colour HP Laserjet is because I find they big,
bulky heavy and UGLY, and i dont have the space for them!

Looks like I have to wait until they come up with toner refills for 2400w
(by the way the refills already exist for the Magicolor 2300 and 2350 which
are the previous models, using polymer based toners too).
Or maybe i will wait until HP design a smaller and more convenient colour
laser ?

!