Sign in with
Your question

PLZ HELP serious problem

Last response: in CPUs
March 30, 2006 10:15:58 PM

as I said I have a problem with my PC and I need your help
Every time I shut down the PC I get an checksum error and it tells me to shut down all the overclocking features. I did no overclocking on my PC and I don't know what could have happend.
After that ( press f1 ...) the Pc runs nicely (games and stuff) and I can see no problem.
When I try to restart-it after the windows is shuting down screen I get a black screen (the monitor seems that is getting no signal) but it doesn't boot
I am really confused 8O because the PC was runnig perfectly when y left town for the weekend and after i got back it started with this sh!t :cry: 
pls help because I have no idee what could have happend
my sistem:
AMD 64 (winchester) 3000+
MSI K8n neo4 Platinum
2x512 ddr corsair XMS TwinX
leadtek px6600td
HDD seagate 80 GB

More about : plz problem

March 30, 2006 10:23:33 PM

Probably the first thing I would check is make sure the BIOS jumper did not come off the board or make sure it is making good contact on the correct pins.

I don't know but by the sounds of it, something is going on with EEPROM chip. You may want to check the battery as well.
March 30, 2006 10:51:18 PM

Thx
i tried a Bios update firs but... no changes
ill look for the jumper :?
Related resources
March 30, 2006 11:13:25 PM

my mobo has a reset cmos button so i don't think it has a jumper :?

pls help now it showed
keyboard error -and the keyboard is connected
something about the display configuration
checksum error ...
override mode...
after i tried to reset the cmos i had also a battery error
Pls help because i have no idee what is happening :cry: 
March 31, 2006 1:00:44 AM

anyone know a better way to check the battery besides replacing it with anotherone?
I mean is there any software that can monitor a mobo battery? :roll:
Thx in advance :wink:
March 31, 2006 1:36:43 AM

You should be able to see the battery voltage in BIOS. For two bucks I think I'd just get another. I have seen 2 go bad recently. If I stays flakey you can try an upgrade to the latest and greatest. Are you overclocked? :?:
March 31, 2006 2:46:16 AM

Your first problem is you bought a AMD, you have to work the bugs out before it works. Built hundreds of Intel, never had a single problem with one. Return all your stuff and wait for the conroe or buy yourself a pentium M.
March 31, 2006 3:24:31 AM

Well, the only other way to check the battery is with a voltmeter. Sounds as if the battery is dead. I would get a replacement for it and see if that solves the problem.

I still think it's a problem in the BIOS chip. It could be corrupt or damaged. Try replacing the battery first though just to get started.
March 31, 2006 4:08:55 AM

I had the same problem with an Intel 3.0e

went into Bios and clicked load optimized defaults and ran fine
March 31, 2006 4:24:21 AM

Wow... That's really helpful...
March 31, 2006 9:27:50 AM

it seems that my only option is to replace te battery and see what happens.
i made no overclocking
March 31, 2006 11:29:48 AM

hmm on the battery sais that it is 3+ v , but the bios shows that it functions at 1.4 v is that ok?
i also figured out that the mobo should have 18 A on the atx 12 v but my psu has only 12 A :?
next week i will change the battery and perhaps I should change the psu. what do you guys think?
the psu is a no name 400w
a c 100 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 31, 2006 12:34:08 PM

I think replace both. That battery is dead and you need more power on that +12V rail. A good 400-500W PSU is around $60, and a very good one is about $20 more. And worth every penny.
April 6, 2006 2:06:13 PM

It was the battery, after replacing it there where no more "bugs" :lol: 
I must though change the PSU because I believe that is the real problem
Thx u all for the help :trophy:
April 6, 2006 2:41:48 PM

How long have you had that board? Some earlier rev's of that board had battery problems and wouldn't last more than a month or two. You can read about this on some of the user comments on newegg.
April 6, 2006 2:47:42 PM

Quote:
Your first problem is you bought a AMD, you have to work the bugs out before it works. Built hundreds of Intel, never had a single problem with one. Return all your stuff and wait for the conroe or buy yourself a pentium M.

Then, you obviously know nothing about properly building a PC. Save your fanboy-ism for elsewhere. This has absolutely nothing to do with his choice of CPU manufacturers.

-J

(Annoyed by Idiots)
April 6, 2006 2:57:23 PM

Quote:

Oh, blow it out your ass. No manufacturer is immune to problems. My first and only AMD has been every bit as reliable as the half-dozen Intels that came before it.
April 6, 2006 3:05:04 PM

Quote:

That's cool that you got it working. Nice to see useful results from these forums instead of the usual daily Intel-AMD bashing that goes on.

Hopefully, you won't have any more problems with it. :wink:
a b à CPUs
April 6, 2006 3:23:17 PM

"Built hundreds of Intel, never had a single problem with one."

LOL!

Good one!

For sure, the Award BIOS in MSI's NF4/AMD boards is bound to be less stable than the Award BIOS in the Intel 975 series!
April 6, 2006 3:32:32 PM

Quote:

That's cool that you got it working. Nice to see useful results from these forums instead of the usual daily Intel-AMD bashing that goes on.

Hopefully, you won't have any more problems with it. :wink:

Finally, someone else who actually sees the grey...
April 6, 2006 3:35:47 PM

Refreshing, isn't it?

-J
April 6, 2006 3:43:34 PM

Quote:
How long have you had that board? Some earlier rev's of that board had battery problems and wouldn't last more than a month or two. You can read about this on some of the user comments on newegg.

about 4 months I think thx for the link :wink:

and I hope this will be the last problem with my mobo :D 
and another thing :? it turned out that it was a mobo problem so i apologise for posting in the cpu thread :roll:
April 6, 2006 3:50:45 PM

Quote:

about 4 months I think thx for the link :wink:

and I hope this will be the last problem with my mobo :D 
and another thing :? it turned out that it was a mobo problem so i apologise for posting in the cpu thread :roll:

Well, the thing of it is, you didn't know if it was the motherboard or not. It could have been anything so, it's perfectly ok to post it here.
April 6, 2006 4:23:28 PM

Quote:

Is this dude serious??? this was obviously a mobo issue... why is he blaming on the CPU?
April 6, 2006 4:39:12 PM

Quote:

49ers540 you are one bias lil douchebag arent ya? Stupid fanboy dont even talk unless you know wtf your talking about. I remember in one thread you were praising how great Dell's were ROFL, thats says enough noob; dont post anymore cuz it makes you look like even more of an idiot , oh wait too bad u already did.
April 6, 2006 5:17:50 PM

Built hundreds of Intels without a problem? I highly doubt that.
April 6, 2006 10:24:20 PM

in conclusion to this post i must add that there is a problem to certain MSI k8n Neo4 mobos regarding the cmos battery wich seems to drain extremely fast :cry: 
the only known method to solve this problem is to RMA the board (recommmended By MSI). it seems to be a power leek
some users replaced 4 batteries in 2 months 8O
April 6, 2006 10:57:10 PM

if msi anit working for you try a dfi mobo :wink:
April 6, 2006 11:58:11 PM

Quote:

49ers540 you are one bias lil douchebag arent ya? Stupid fanboy dont even talk unless you know wtf your talking about. I remember in one thread you were praising how great Dell's were ROFL, thats says enough noob; dont post anymore cuz it makes you look like even more of an idiot , oh wait too bad u already did. You make yourself look pretty good too.
!