Sign in with
Your question

HP Photosmart ?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 5, 2002 7:16:48 PM

There are many version's of this printer ranging from $199--499$.. I was thinking about getting the 199$ read reviews and were all very good. I want an Excellent Photo Printer but yet have Speed for Crisp Text. I'm willing to spend around 300$.. I like the photosmart because it's a bottom loader and it is fairly small. What to do?????
Thanks/ROB

AMD USER!!!

More about : photosmart

April 14, 2002 3:46:05 AM

Well, I will tell you this much. I just purchased an HP Photosmart 1315 printer. I have had a ton of problems with getting the drivers installed. I dont know if its the printer or the PC yet, I am still trying to determine this.
The printer is great if it works. My problems stem from the USB connection, i think the printer is defective.
The printer is extemely quiet when printing, and in draft mode it prints 17 PPM.
Dont know if this helps much.
April 14, 2002 5:20:26 PM

My friend also have problem with the driver of this printer. I would not recommond this printer.
Related resources
April 14, 2002 10:23:30 PM

What was the outcome of your friends problem? Did he get the printer drivers installed or did he return the printer for a different model?
April 16, 2002 11:51:07 PM

My friend returned the printer and get Canon one instead
April 18, 2002 12:17:07 AM

well i was going with the P1115 (199$) or the 299$ one...it's like the 1215 i think.... I was never gonna go with the 1315...

Well from what i heard the quality is good and everything, i will give it a shot! i will let you guys No !

This Community is like a Second Family!!
April 19, 2002 12:20:27 PM

Well, I finally determined what the problem is with my 1315. It seems the HP software does not like the USB chipset on my motherboard. If you have a Via chipset, you may run into problems hooking it up through USB. The problems go away when going thruogh a parallel connection.
It also seems that Via knows of this problem and released a patch on their website, but from what I can see in their tech forums no one has been able to get this patch working in Windows98. It looks like the file is missing some info.
This is what I found out after a week and a half of trying to connect it USB.
April 23, 2002 10:05:05 AM

That sucks parallel port is a lot slow than USB port.
April 29, 2002 5:10:24 PM

LOL VIA chipset? That's everyone.. HP is having a lot of problems with their printers lately.. They had the power cord recall, a lot of their all in ones won't work with windowsXP, and the 1315 had a memory problem so all the Best Buys in the states didn't have any in stock because they were slow to fix the problem!
!