Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I was wondering if anyone has problems with using the video record facility
in FS2004. Recording is fine and smooth no matter what recording interval I
use but on play back its rather jerky with the aircraft 'swinging/jerking'
along its longitudinal axis especially when turning. I have active camera
and would like to have views out of the window or wings on replays of the
flights.

If making videos using FRAPS how do most people do it. Do they record a
flight using the built in recorder in session then replay it while using
FRAPS to capture the screen or record 'on the fly'.

The only way I get a smooth replay is using the built in replay facility and
inputing a time frame althought this isnt realistic if going back for more
than a few minutes. I want to be able to replay the whole flight and sit in
the cabin as if being a passenger.

Chris

"Chris" <chris@mwapartnership.co.uk> wrote in message
> I was wondering if anyone has problems with using the video record
facility
> in FS2004. Recording is fine and smooth no matter what recording interval
> use but on play back its rather jerky with the aircraft 'swinging/jerking'
> along its longitudinal axis especially when turning. I have active camera
> and would like to have views out of the window or wings on replays of the
> flights.

FS's replay option isn't a movie recorder. It records the parameters of the
flight and then replays them through the simulation engine, hence you can
switch views, etc. when replaying. You'd really need to use something like
FRAPS if you want to record a video. Or alternatively, if you have
composite video out on your graphics card, record it to a vcr.

Si

Simon,

I appreciate the details about replay not being a recorder. My post was in
a way two questions. One being a query about having an interactive replay
over a decent length of time i.e. the whole flight, that runs smoothly and
allows me to move about cabin as the fs video record facility generates
jerky playback.

The other was just a general query I had about the use of FRAPS and video
editing. I have a mid range spec with 1700ghz AMD and 512mb ram, 128mb
nvidea fx5200 card 80Gb and 40 Gb hard drives and have most settings nearly
maxed and resolution of 1024 x 768 and mid high weather settings. Dont know
how FRAPS would work as I heard it really hits framerates and I only get
between 10-20fps (locked at 20).

Chris