Sharing internet connection with ICS and Ipaq

October 14, 2004 4:01:08 AM

Hi,

Would it be possible to share my broadband connection using an Ipaq and ICS
(Internet Connection Sharing) under XP Home?

Thanks,

Simon.
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 4:01:09 AM

Si wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Would it be possible to share my broadband connection using an Ipaq
> and ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) under XP Home?

ActiveSync has an Internet passthrough connection already - there's no
need to set up anything else, just pop it in the cradle and you can
connect to the Internet.

--
Rob Borek
MCP, Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

"Si" <si@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Would it be possible to share my broadband connection using an Ipaq and
> ICS
> (Internet Connection Sharing) under XP Home?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Simon.

What type of connection are you planning to use? Wireless LAN, Bluetooth,
USB?

October 14, 2004 10:51:14 PM

"Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message

> "Si" <si@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Would it be possible to share my broadband connection using an Ipaq and
> > ICS
> > (Internet Connection Sharing) under XP Home?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Simon.
> >

> What type of connection are you planning to use? Wireless LAN, Bluetooth,
> USB?

Bluetooth was the intention.

Si.
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 1:06:58 AM

> "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> "Si" <si@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Would it be possible to share my broadband connection using an Ipaq and
>> > ICS
>> > (Internet Connection Sharing) under XP Home?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Simon.
>> >

>> What type of connection are you planning to use? Wireless LAN, Bluetooth,
>> USB?
>>

> Bluetooth was the intention.
>
> Si.

Si, check our Bluetooth Guides (link below). There you'll find instructions
and step-by-step guides with screenshots.

In short: yes, you can ICS for. It'll require a specific IP address
(192.168.0.1) on your Bluetooth adapter (on your computer), but if this is
available (not used anywhere else on your network), you should be up and
running in five minutes. If you have this address in use, there are
alternatives - like using a software like NAT32, or if using XP then Bridge
the connections.

Try the guides first, should be enough...

October 15, 2004 1:06:59 AM

> "Si" <si@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in
message

> >> "Si" <si@nospamforme.com> wrote in message

> >> What type of connection are you planning to use? Wireless LAN,
Bluetooth,
> >> USB?
> >>

> > Bluetooth was the intention.
> >
> > Si.
> >

> Si, check our Bluetooth Guides (link below). There you'll find
instructions
> and step-by-step guides with screenshots.
>
> In short: yes, you can ICS for. It'll require a specific IP address
> (192.168.0.1) on your Bluetooth adapter (on your computer), but if this is
> available (not used anywhere else on your network), you should be up and
> running in five minutes. If you have this address in use, there are
> alternatives - like using a software like NAT32, or if using XP then
Bridge
> the connections.
>
> Try the guides first, should be enough...

> Geekzone Software Store: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
> Our RSS feeds give you up to date information on new software as soon as
> they're available: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3344

Cheers, added to my favourites.

Si.
!