• USB Flash Drives

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • MultiMedia Cards

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

leorick

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
i apologize for this noob question. But i need your advice.

The thing is, i need a good way of transferring files from my office to my house and back. I need to be able to transfer files as big as 1GB. I know both 1GB usb flash drives and memory cards are available. I just want to know the best way to move them. I've already ruled out hardrives with external casing since i'd be doing a lot of moving.

I'm also under the impression that usb flash drives breaks down easy, since i saw 1 from a friend, broken. but of course there's always a usb extension cable for that.

I need your poll votes, ideas and insights. Thanks :D

gambit6259

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
I would use a flash drive because thats all you will need to use to transfer your files back and forth. If you use memory cards you will need the cards and a card reader. You will probably want to get at least a 2GB drive if you are moving 1GB files, newegg.com has several in that size range starting at $50+.

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Difference between a USB flash drive and a memory card = USB driver hardware.

Memory cards require you to buy a card reader for each machine you want to read it at.

USB flash drives need just a USB port. (and what recent PC doesn't have ANY usb ports?)

If you already have memory card readers on both machines, you can get a memory card because they seem less 'fragile'. (less hardware to break)

If you don't, or you think you may want to use it on additional computers, get the USB flash drive. I voted USB flash drive.

Mike.

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Muahhaha you could get both. I've seen a usb flash drive that can take SD cards for memory. I would hope that it could use 1GB cards easily. Then later on you could just get a 2GB SD card or something.

Or just get a flash drive...
Its kind of hard to break one, unless there's manufacturing errors... or you stomp on it, or drop it off a tall building, or drive over it, or lean into it and snap off the USB part...