CD DRIVE missing in device manager and explorer

Hi, I have a CD_RW and a DVD_RW in my computer. Have had no problems with
them for months. Suddenly, Windows XP can not detect my CD-RW drive in
Windows Explorer or in Device Manager. It isn't even listed when my computer
reboots.
What can I do? I tried deleting the upperfilters and lowerfilter in registry
but did not help.
The green light flashes on CD drive and door opens and closes.
Thanks for any help
dan
1 answer Last reply
More about drive missing device manager explorer

    Hi,

    Loose cable?
    Are they detected in the system BIOS?

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "danCER" <danCER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I have a CD_RW and a DVD_RW in my computer. Have had no problems with
    > them for months. Suddenly, Windows XP can not detect my CD-RW drive in
    > Windows Explorer or in Device Manager. It isn't even listed when my
    > computer
    > reboots.
    > What can I do? I tried deleting the upperfilters and lowerfilter in
    > registry
    > but did not help.
    > The green light flashes on CD drive and door opens and closes.
    > Thanks for any help
    > dan

Device Manager CD-Rom Windows XP