CD DRIVE missing in device manager and explorer

September 6, 2004 6:05:02 PM

Hi, I have a CD_RW and a DVD_RW in my computer. Have had no problems with
them for months. Suddenly, Windows XP can not detect my CD-RW drive in
Windows Explorer or in Device Manager. It isn't even listed when my computer
reboots.
What can I do? I tried deleting the upperfilters and lowerfilter in registry
but did not help.
The green light flashes on CD drive and door opens and closes.
Thanks for any help
dan
Anonymous
September 6, 2004 10:01:51 PM