Lightworks - Alright.
Avidemux - Crap.
VirtualDub - FUN*K YEAH.
Kdenlive - Meh.
OpenShot - Alright.
YouTube Video Editor - Crap.
iMovie - Crap.
AVS - Alright.
Sony Movie Studio (a.k.a. "Screenblast") - Alright.
Power Director - Alright.

----------------------

Aside from mentioned above:

Camtasia Studio - Alright.
Sony Vegas PRO - GOD TIER.
Adobe Premiere - Very Good.
Final Cut - Good.
Adobe After Effects - Alright.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
I'd throw in Pinnacle HD Studio. Cheap program that can easily be expanded via add-ons into a very powerful video editor. Problem is like Cyberlink PowerDirector, those add-ons add up and most of the time are required just to get small features like additional container support for your imports and turn it from a Very Good to a "Alright" just due to the unnecessary cost additions for basic support others offer out the box.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
i wish there was a video editer that just worked with everything you have avalable...
you got a codec on your computer, you can edit.
with the ease of sony vegas, and function you want.

i currently have a bunch of ideas i would like to do, but because of the codec requirements, i cant do half of want i want unless i want to tie up my computer in a never ending re render for the next 2 months.

i so despise video editing on the computer...

and lets not go into screen capture programs, which i can find 6 video setting of the 20 they have that dont crash, and of those 6 one is a god teir capture quality, but no video editor will use it
3 of them cant sync audio with the video, 1 of them even though you set it to 30fps, cant possibly be more than 10, and the last one has audio slightly out of sync.

sure you could capture uncompressed, but i dont have a 4tb drive to deal with 2 hours of that.

i wish working with video wanst so impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.