Google Becomes More Valuable Than Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
I expect that analyists will see this as another Ballmer milestone. It will be interesting to see if Win8 changes the trend (I have doubts).

eternalkp

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
I hope it will take Apple
I love google. Beside Jelly Bean.
I mean google has given us so many FREE things...
google search, map, translate, earth, gmail, chrome, drive, youtube, voice, currents, local, vtok, latitude, wallet, shopper.

Apple charges for everything. I remember buying a $300 ipod and NO songs came with it.
AppleTV, what a joke concept. Why would I buy tv shows?

My western digital hdtv player is awesome. Playing 1080p mkv files with subtitles

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
[citation][nom]eternalkp[/nom]I hope it will take AppleI love google. Beside Jelly Bean.I mean google has given us so many FREE things...google search, map, translate, earth, gmail, chrome, drive, youtube, voice, currents, local, vtok, latitude, wallet, shopper.Apple charges for everything. I remember buying a $300 ipod and NO songs came with it.AppleTV, what a joke concept. Why would I buy tv shows?My western digital hdtv player is awesome. Playing 1080p mkv files with subtitles[/citation]
I wouldn't say it's exactly free considering your entire internet history and person is sold to the highest bidder

Keep your heads cool, people.
I like Google, I kinda even like Microsoft and I dislike Apple as much as the next person, but these are just numbers on paper. They don't really mean anything. Today can be up, tomorrow can be down and that does not change what a company is about. I like what Google is about, and Microsoft as well.

Not trying to nitpick but Apple (1976) and Microsoft(1975) are both over 35 years old and Google(1998) is 14 years old.

gamoniac

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
[citation][nom]ddpruitt[/nom]Imagine Apple and Microsoft are both over 25 years old, Google's done it in only 10. Let's see what the next 10 years bring.[/citation]

But Google could not have done it without Microsoft and Apple, which provide the OS for people to use Google services when Google was just a browser. Nothing last forever, and definitely nothing stays on top forever. That is the only constant in the tech world.... but who knows, maybe one of these familiar names would still be the leader 50 years from now.

bee144

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
[citation][nom]boyabunda[/nom]Will eventually overtake Apple...[/citation]
Apple is a whole Google ahead of Exxon Mobil, the worlds second most valuable company.

G

@captaincharisma

Apple only rips off other US Companies... So yeah go USA!

Samsung is the one taking design ideas from US companies. I like them but I wish they'd hire some people to actually design.

Apple and Motorola are the last few US hardware companies (And Motorola sucks) Besides Nokia who's from Finland but does quite alot of work in the US still. (hopefully Samsung and others may down the road as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.