Routers $ SBC Yahoo DSL!?!

brendini

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
Anyone have SBC Yahoo DSL and a router? If so pleez respond because SBC Yahoo uses this crap software that is incompatible with routers. They don't even officailly support routers.

Here's the problem: I can get through with Enternet and all, but then when it goes back to the SBC software, it tries to logon at the "SBC Network" part and it fails. I feel like I'm just one step away but I can't figure it out.

Again, any help that is provided is greatly appriciated. Thanks to all who respond!!!

<Brendini>

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
I think you have to enable PPPoE and enter your SBC username ans password in the router config

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
if your using a router you dont use the software on your pc.

<font color=red> black </font color=red> <font color=green> white </font color=green> <font color=blue> yellow </font color=blue> <font color=orange> purple </font color=orange> <font color=black> red </font color=black> <font color=yellow> green </font color=yellow> <font color=purple> blue </font color=purple>

chedJuer

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2002
i have the same problem that you have too. Can't get all the computers to get online. BTW, i use dlink 604.
here this is my problem:
the first time when i hook the router in the network. I setup the PPPoE protocol. then all computer get connected. later i turned off everything(dsl modem, router, and all computers) cause i wanted to rewire. After that i turn everything back on, but this time i COULD NOT any computers to get online.
The question i have is:
1. When i turn every thing back on. DO I STILL need to run the SBC Connection Manager for the first connection or not. Or I just use the router to call out the DSL modem.
2. if i use the router to call out what config on the router i have to do in order to make it work. if i possible could you tell me how the router is gonna call out the phone number to the main server of sbc.
3 On one of the computers, Do i need to have the software (SBC Connection manager)????
thanks