[SOLVED] Bootcamp GW2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgt123

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
Hey everyone,

I'm not really sure where to put this question, but it involves computer games and a mac.

I currently have a late 2009 imac, and would like to use bootcamp to play Guild Wars 2.

Is this possible, and if not, is there any way to upgrade it so this could be done?

Here are my specs:

Processor: 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)

I would bootcamp with Windows 7 for this game.
I know lots of you would suggest getting a pc, but I don't have the money right now, and would prefer to stick with only one computer.

As a side note, can any of the new macbook pros be upgraded? I've heard they are more accessible.

I'd just like to know the cheapest way I would be able to play guild wars 2. The most money I am willing to spend at this point it $200.
If this means that I cannot play it on my current system please tell me.

Thanks for your help.

Solution
Yes, if you install Boot Camp and then Win 7 you will be able to play typical PC games, including GW2. You just need a valid copy of Win 7 and the Boot Camp install instructions.

http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Yes, if you install Boot Camp and then Win 7 you will be able to play typical PC games, including GW2. You just need a valid copy of Win 7 and the Boot Camp install instructions.

http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

Solution

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
And for the sidenote - the newer retina macbooks cannot be upgraded. the older pros should be pretty similar to yours -- you can upgrade the ram and the hard drive, but thats it really.

As for the other part ... yes that works. It wont be great, but for $200 its the best you are getting.

Although for $400-$500 you could build yourself a higher performing desktop PC ...

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
Just FYI I googled and came up with these system requirements:

- Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 or better
- NVIDIA GeForce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (257MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
- 25 GB available HDD space
- Broadband Internet connection
- Keyboard and mouse

The 9400 is similar to the intels 3000 graphics - so IF it works you are looking at very low setting. Barely clearing the bar to run it. The 257mb video ram things worries me ...

Status
Not open for further replies.