notice of problem with new Ad-Aware version 1.04

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Got a notice that an updated new version of Ad-Aware
Personal se 1.04 was available. Downloaded opened the
Lavasoft.de page and downloaded from the Cnet link. Install
removed the previous 1.03 version. The scan froze at about
38,000 files and the application stopped responding.
Uninstalled and downloaded version 1.04 from MajorGeeks in
case there was a corrupt file at downloads.com. Same
problem.
Uninstalled 1.04 and reinstalled version 1.03.

Have sent email to lavasoft general@lavasoft.de

More about notice problem aware version
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Jim Macklin wrote:

    > Got a notice that an updated new version of Ad-Aware
    > Personal se 1.04 was available. Downloaded opened the
    > Lavasoft.de page and downloaded from the Cnet link. Install
    > removed the previous 1.03 version. The scan froze at about
    > 38,000 files and the application stopped responding.
    > Uninstalled and downloaded version 1.04 from MajorGeeks in
    > case there was a corrupt file at downloads.com. Same
    > problem.
    > Uninstalled 1.04 and reinstalled version 1.03.
    >
    > Have sent email to lavasoft general@lavasoft.de

    Yes, Randy sent another note that there is apparently a problem with the
    new build. I'm holding off on using it until I hear it is OK.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    D/ld build 1.04 from MajorGeeks and it ran fine.
    Dannie
    > Got a notice that an updated new version of Ad-Aware
    > Personal se 1.04 was available. Downloaded opened the
    > Lavasoft.de page and downloaded from the Cnet link. Install
    > removed the previous 1.03 version. The scan froze at about
    > 38,000 files and the application stopped responding.
    > Uninstalled and downloaded version 1.04 from MajorGeeks in
    > case there was a corrupt file at downloads.com. Same
    > problem.
    > Uninstalled 1.04 and reinstalled version 1.03.
    >
    > Have sent email to lavasoft general@lavasoft.de

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Mine from Major Geeks works fine too. There are lots of posts about it in
    the Lavasoft forums.

    --
    Peter.
    Toronto, Canada.
    "Dannie" <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
    > D/ld build 1.04 from MajorGeeks and it ran fine.
    > Dannie
    > "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message
    >> Got a notice that an updated new version of Ad-Aware
    >> Personal se 1.04 was available. Downloaded opened the
    >> Lavasoft.de page and downloaded from the Cnet link. Install
    >> removed the previous 1.03 version. The scan froze at about
    >> 38,000 files and the application stopped responding.
    >> Uninstalled and downloaded version 1.04 from MajorGeeks in
    >> case there was a corrupt file at downloads.com. Same
    >> problem.
    >> Uninstalled 1.04 and reinstalled version 1.03.
    >>
    >> Have sent email to lavasoft general@lavasoft.de
    >>

    >> --
    >> The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
    >> But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Jim,

    I just downloaded it from Major Geeks. It installed and scanned 135,000
    files on my C: and D: drives - through to completion.

    Go figure!

    --
    Regards:

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    > Got a notice that an updated new version of Ad-Aware
    > Personal se 1.04 was available. Downloaded opened the
    > Lavasoft.de page and downloaded from the Cnet link. Install
    > removed the previous 1.03 version. The scan froze at about
    > 38,000 files and the application stopped responding.
    > Uninstalled and downloaded version 1.04 from MajorGeeks in
    > case there was a corrupt file at downloads.com. Same
    > problem.
    > Uninstalled 1.04 and reinstalled version 1.03.
    >
    > Have sent email to lavasoft general@lavasoft.de

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Mine froze at about 31,600 files. Copy from Major Geeks.

    > Got a notice that an updated new version of Ad-Aware
    > Personal se 1.04 was available. Downloaded opened the
    > Lavasoft.de page and downloaded from the Cnet link. Install
    > removed the previous 1.03 version. The scan froze at about
    > 38,000 files and the application stopped responding.
    > Uninstalled and downloaded version 1.04 from MajorGeeks in
    > case there was a corrupt file at downloads.com. Same
    > problem.
    > Uninstalled 1.04 and reinstalled version 1.03.
    >
    > Have sent email to lavasoft general@lavasoft.de

    ---
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    I guess it may be a problem for some configurations and not
    others. When I ran it it seemed that it didn't really scan
    to the 38,000 files, it just seemed to get there real fast
    and then stop. I'll try it again in a few days. Another
    poster said there was a pretty good thread on the lavasoft
    forum, I'll check that out.

    "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote
    in message news:OgHcMtGlEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    | Jim,
    |
    | I just downloaded it from Major Geeks. It installed and
    scanned 135,000
    | files on my C: and D: drives - through to completion.
    |
    | Go figure!
    |
    | --
    | Regards:
    |
    | Richard Urban
    |
    | aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    in message
    | > Got a notice that an updated new version of Ad-Aware
    | > Personal se 1.04 was available. Downloaded opened the
    | > Lavasoft.de page and downloaded from the Cnet link.
    Install
    | > removed the previous 1.03 version. The scan froze at
    about
    | > 38,000 files and the application stopped responding.
    | > Uninstalled and downloaded version 1.04 from MajorGeeks
    in
    | > case there was a corrupt file at downloads.com. Same
    | > problem.
    | > Uninstalled 1.04 and reinstalled version 1.03.
    | >
    | > Have sent email to lavasoft general@lavasoft.de
    | >

    | > --

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    You may have a bad sector, run chkdsk /f /r

    Jim Macklin wrote:
    > Got a notice that an updated new version of Ad-Aware
    > Personal se 1.04 was available. Downloaded opened the
    > Lavasoft.de page and downloaded from the Cnet link. Install
    > removed the previous 1.03 version. The scan froze at about
    > 38,000 files and the application stopped responding.
    > Uninstalled and downloaded version 1.04 from MajorGeeks in
    > case there was a corrupt file at downloads.com. Same
    > problem.
    > Uninstalled 1.04 and reinstalled version 1.03.
    >
    > Have sent email to lavasoft general@lavasoft.de

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    > Got a notice that an updated new version of Ad-Aware
    > Personal se 1.04 was available. Downloaded opened the
    > Lavasoft.de page and downloaded from the Cnet link. Install
    > removed the previous 1.03 version. The scan froze at about
    > 38,000 files and the application stopped responding.
    > Uninstalled and downloaded version 1.04 from MajorGeeks in
    > case there was a corrupt file at downloads.com. Same
    > problem.
    > Uninstalled 1.04 and reinstalled version 1.03.
    >
    > Have sent email to lavasoft general@lavasoft.de
    >

    >Had the same problem as you Jim, mine froze at about the same point.
    Tried downloading from 2 different places including MajorGeeks & both
    did the same thing... Went back to 1.03 as well... Let us know if you
    hear any reason as to why. Gimpy

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    that isn't the problem, have run checkdisk with full scans,
    it is a hot topic on the Lavasoft forums. They added some
    new scan engine changes and that is where it seems to be
    getting hung up.

    There may be some interaction with installed software or
    user settings, which would explain the randomness of the
    failure, but all failures being basically the same at the
    same point.

    "Wallace Hill" <w.hill@awesomenet.net> wrote in message
    | You may have a bad sector, run chkdsk /f /r
    |
    | Jim Macklin wrote:
    | > Got a notice that an updated new version of Ad-Aware
    | > Personal se 1.04 was available. Downloaded opened the
    | > Lavasoft.de page and downloaded from the Cnet link.
    Install
    | > removed the previous 1.03 version. The scan froze at
    about
    | > 38,000 files and the application stopped responding.
    | > Uninstalled and downloaded version 1.04 from MajorGeeks
    in
    | > case there was a corrupt file at downloads.com. Same
    | > problem.
    | > Uninstalled 1.04 and reinstalled version 1.03.
    | >
    | > Have sent email to lavasoft general@lavasoft.de

  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 19:34:19 -0400, Dannie wrote:

    > D/ld build 1.04 from MajorGeeks and it ran fine.

    I want better odds than 50:50 before I upgrade. I'll wait.

    --
    Howard
  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Downloaded the "fixed" 1.04 version and it ran fine! Got it here.

    "DaveD" <nospam@nospam> wrote in message
    > Mine froze at about 31,600 files. Copy from Major Geeks.
    >
    > "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message
    >> Got a notice that an updated new version of Ad-Aware
    >> Personal se 1.04 was available. Downloaded opened the
    >> Lavasoft.de page and downloaded from the Cnet link. Install
    >> removed the previous 1.03 version. The scan froze at about
    >> 38,000 files and the application stopped responding.
    >> Uninstalled and downloaded version 1.04 from MajorGeeks in
    >> case there was a corrupt file at downloads.com. Same
    >> problem.
    >> Uninstalled 1.04 and reinstalled version 1.03.
    >>
    >> Have sent email to lavasoft general@lavasoft.de
    >>

    >> --
    >> The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
    >> But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    >>

    > ---

    ---
  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    No problem here from MajorGeeks XPHome SP1

    John Allen

    On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 19:34:19 -0400, "Dannie"
    <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> wrote:

    >D/ld build 1.04 from MajorGeeks and it ran fine.
    >Dannie
    >"Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message
    >> Got a notice that an updated new version of Ad-Aware
    >> Personal se 1.04 was available. Downloaded opened the
    >> Lavasoft.de page and downloaded from the Cnet link. Install
    >> removed the previous 1.03 version. The scan froze at about
    >> 38,000 files and the application stopped responding.
    >> Uninstalled and downloaded version 1.04 from MajorGeeks in
    >> case there was a corrupt file at downloads.com. Same
    >> problem.
    >> Uninstalled 1.04 and reinstalled version 1.03.
    >>
    >> Have sent email to lavasoft general@lavasoft.de
    >>

    >> --
    >> The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
    >> But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.

  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Seems to be a common problem, it is a hot topic on the
    Lavasoft forums. But not all systems are having the
    problem. It may be a problem with users or software
    conflicts.

    If yours works, you can try full system scan or deep scans,
    or perhaps some other setting to see if it freezes. But
    just like SP2, most people didn't have a problem, but those
    that do...

    wrote in message
    | >> Got a notice that an updated new version of Ad-Aware
    | >> Personal se 1.04 was available. Downloaded opened the
    | >> Lavasoft.de page and downloaded from the Cnet link.
    Install
    | >> removed the previous 1.03 version. The scan froze at
    about
    | >> 38,000 files and the application stopped responding.
    | >> Uninstalled and downloaded version 1.04 from MajorGeeks
    in
    | >> case there was a corrupt file at downloads.com. Same
    | >> problem.
    | >> Uninstalled 1.04 and reinstalled version 1.03.
    | >>
    | >> Have sent email to lavasoft general@lavasoft.de
    | >>

    | >> --
    | >> The people think the Constitution protects their
    rights;
    | >> But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.

  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 00:03:05 -0500, Jim Macklin wrote:

    > Seems to be a common problem, it is a hot topic on the
    > Lavasoft forums. But not all systems are having the
    > problem. It may be a problem with users or software
    > conflicts.
    >
    > If yours works, you can try full system scan or deep scans,
    > or perhaps some other setting to see if it freezes. But
    > just like SP2, most people didn't have a problem, but those
    > that do...

    They have reissued the build. Posted 2004-09-06 21:43:45 on
    http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,11260174~mode=flat~start=50#11263502

    "Everyone who experienced Ad-aware 1.04 freezing up during a scan, please
    redownload Ad-Aware (it will still display the same build number - 1.04).

    Please note that you only need to redownload if you indeed
    experienced Ad-aware 1.04 freezing up.

    Pro and Plus users please use the same download link.

    Freeware users please use the following mirror.

    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

    Best regards

    Ann - Christine
    Team Lavasoft"

    --
    Howard
  15. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Prompt service, thanks for the link.

    Jim

    "Howard Harris" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    | On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 00:03:05 -0500, Jim Macklin wrote:
    |
    | > Seems to be a common problem, it is a hot topic on the
    | > Lavasoft forums. But not all systems are having the
    | > problem. It may be a problem with users or software
    | > conflicts.
    | >
    | > If yours works, you can try full system scan or deep
    scans,
    | > or perhaps some other setting to see if it freezes. But
    | > just like SP2, most people didn't have a problem, but
    those
    | > that do...
    | >

    | They have reissued the build. Posted 2004-09-06 21:43:45
    on

    http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,11260174~mode=flat~start=50#11263502

    | "Everyone who experienced Ad-aware 1.04 freezing up during
    a scan, please
    | redownload Ad-Aware (it will still display the same build
    number - 1.04).

    | Please note that you only need to redownload if you indeed
    | experienced Ad-aware 1.04 freezing up.
    |
    | Pro and Plus users please use the same download link.
    |
    | Freeware users please use the following mirror.
    | http://www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html
    |
    | We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused
    you.

    | Best regards
    |
    | Ann - Christine
    | Team Lavasoft"
    |
    | --
    | Howard
  16. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Everything OK here from that site.

    "Howard Harris" <me@privacy.net> escribió en el mensaje
    > On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 00:03:05 -0500, Jim Macklin wrote:
    >
    > > Seems to be a common problem, it is a hot topic on the
    > > Lavasoft forums. But not all systems are having the
    > > problem. It may be a problem with users or software
    > > conflicts.
    > >
    > > If yours works, you can try full system scan or deep scans,
    > > or perhaps some other setting to see if it freezes. But
    > > just like SP2, most people didn't have a problem, but those
    > > that do...
    > >

    > They have reissued the build. Posted 2004-09-06 21:43:45 on

    http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,11260174~mode=flat~start=50#11263502

    > "Everyone who experienced Ad-aware 1.04 freezing up during a scan, please
    > redownload Ad-Aware (it will still display the same build number - 1.04).
    >
    > Please note that you only need to redownload if you indeed
    > experienced Ad-aware 1.04 freezing up.
    >
    > Pro and Plus users please use the same download link.
    >
    > Freeware users please use the following mirror.
    > http://www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html
    >
    > We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
    >
    > Best regards
    >
    > Ann - Christine
    > Team Lavasoft"
    >
    > --
    > Howard
  17. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Downloaded the new version and scanned all drives without a
    problem. It seemed to pause in some folders and with DLLs
    but there was still hard drive activity as shown by the
    light. The file count resumed within a few seconds.
    Partitions scanned 4, files scanned 193995 detections as
    expected, 20 recent file used lists, all critical items
    removed with previous versions.

    Jim

    "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote
    in message news:ONoO66MlEHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    | Prompt service, thanks for the link.
    |
    | Jim
    |

    | "Howard Harris" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    || On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 00:03:05 -0500, Jim Macklin wrote:
    || > Seems to be a common problem, it is a hot topic on the
    || > Lavasoft forums. But not all systems are having the
    || > problem. It may be a problem with users or software
    || > conflicts.
    || >
    || > If yours works, you can try full system scan or deep
    | scans,
    || > or perhaps some other setting to see if it freezes.
    But
    || > just like SP2, most people didn't have a problem, but
    | those
    || > that do...

    || They have reissued the build. Posted 2004-09-06 21:43:45
    | on

    http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,11260174~mode=flat~start=50#11263502
    || "Everyone who experienced Ad-aware 1.04 freezing up
    during
    | a scan, please
    || redownload Ad-Aware (it will still display the same build
    | number - 1.04).
    || Please note that you only need to redownload if you
    indeed
    || experienced Ad-aware 1.04 freezing up.
    || Pro and Plus users please use the same download link.
    || Freeware users please use the following mirror.
    || http://www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html
    || We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused
    | you.
    || Best regards
    || Ann - Christine
    || Team Lavasoft"
    || --
    || Howard

  18. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    There is also a new version of the program: Ad-Aware SE
    that is even faster and with the add-ins is even better.
    I installed it last week and have had no problems at all.

    debbie
  19. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    I downloaded the fixed 1.04 from MajorGeeks this morning
    also. It ran fine on my XP machine so I also downloaded
    (updated from 1.03) it to the old 433 Celeron running 98 and
    that also worked just fine.

    | Downloaded the "fixed" 1.04 version and it ran fine! Got
    it here.
    | http://www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html
    |

    | "DaveD" <nospam@nospam> wrote in message
    | > Mine froze at about 31,600 files. Copy from Major Geeks.
    | >
    | > "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
    wrote in message
    | >> Got a notice that an updated new version of Ad-Aware
    | >> Personal se 1.04 was available. Downloaded opened the
    | >> Lavasoft.de page and downloaded from the Cnet link.
    Install
    | >> removed the previous 1.03 version. The scan froze at
    about
    | >> 38,000 files and the application stopped responding.
    | >> Uninstalled and downloaded version 1.04 from MajorGeeks
    in
    | >> case there was a corrupt file at downloads.com. Same
    | >> problem.
    | >> Uninstalled 1.04 and reinstalled version 1.03.
    | >>
    | >> Have sent email to lavasoft general@lavasoft.de
    | >>

    | >> --
    | >> The people think the Constitution protects their
    rights;
    | >> But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    | >>

    | > ---
    | > Checked by AVG anti-virus system
    (http://www.grisoft.com).
    9/3/2004

    | ---
    9/3/2004

  20. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    I ran a full scan and had no problems, I did find some bugs that v.6
    couldn't see :)

    Wallace

    Jim Macklin wrote:
    > that isn't the problem, have run checkdisk with full scans,
    > it is a hot topic on the Lavasoft forums. They added some
    > new scan engine changes and that is where it seems to be
    > getting hung up.
    >
    > There may be some interaction with installed software or
    > user settings, which would explain the randomness of the
    > failure, but all failures being basically the same at the
    > same point.
    >

    > "Wallace Hill" <w.hill@awesomenet.net> wrote in message
    > | You may have a bad sector, run chkdsk /f /r
    > |
    > | Jim Macklin wrote:
    > | > Got a notice that an updated new version of Ad-Aware
    > | > Personal se 1.04 was available. Downloaded opened the
    > | > Lavasoft.de page and downloaded from the Cnet link.
    > Install
    > | > removed the previous 1.03 version. The scan froze at
    > about
    > | > 38,000 files and the application stopped responding.
    > | > Uninstalled and downloaded version 1.04 from MajorGeeks
    > in
    > | > case there was a corrupt file at downloads.com. Same
    > | > problem.
    > | > Uninstalled 1.04 and reinstalled version 1.03.
    > | >
    > | > Have sent email to lavasoft general@lavasoft.de

  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Cris wrote:

    >>don't you have to pay to get updated definitions for
    >> Spyware Sweeper?
    >
    > I think updates used to be free.
    >
    > Unfortunately, I am having problems to access
    > http://www.webroot.com/services/spysweeperupdate.htm?pc=64000&rc
    > =1&ps=F&oc=2&mjv=3&mnv=0&bld=118&cd=&dcc=&drc=&mo=2&sid=&lang=en
    > this week.
    >
    > Does anybody have the same prblem with this site?

    The site works for me. Although it is pretty funny because it says my
    version of Spy Sweeper is up-to-date and offers me the chance of
    upgrading. It's funny because this machine runs Linux, I looked at the
    site with Mozilla 1.7, and naturally I'm not running Spy Sweeper on
    Linux!

    If you can't get to the site, you might want to check your hosts files
    to make sure nothing is in there except 127.0.0.1 (and anything you put
    there yourself).

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User