omg did he fry my pc?

MikeBackus

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2006
My answer is probaly here, but I have to make a decision Now! I took my pc to have a Danger Den liquid cooling system installed. Unfortunatly when starting it, even after leak testing he says a clamp let go and a hose apparently came off. Apparently system wouldnt boot after reassembled. He wants me to wait till morning, to "see if it will work after allowed more time to dry" (so far this has happened over a 2 hour time period, so theres no possible way it couldve been dry when he restarted it:( ). so heres my question.

even if it runs "ok" tommorow should I still make him replace componants? I am not trying to screw the guy, but I dont want to get a computer back thats going to have problems down the road, or perform under what it should. I know my answer is allready probably in here, but I just dont have time to search for it...sry

(btw the system is top of the line danger den, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to computers, let alone liquid systems. But when I think of a 1/2 hose with the best pump they got, it had to have hosed everything.)

RichPLS

Champion
A pro shop should test them at min an hour or two (at least a few minutes after topping off tank-radiator) before putting pump, radiator and cooler blocks in PC.
It sounds like negligence to me, but it depends on their standard store policy and/or your service agreement.

MikeBackus

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2006
I didnt sighn anything, and the guy is taking full responsability its not like he sent me home with a broken pc. He called and told me of situation. So I dont think it would be an issue if I wanted it replaced. My question is should it be replaced, even if it boots tommorow. Whats the chance of everything still running as it should after being hosed. Just because it boots, does that mean everything is back to normal?

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
once its dry if it boots then it should run fine... toms put an fx57 i think in distilled water and it just short circuted, and after it dried they booted it fine, so i dont think u should worry so much. u wont experience a perforamnce hit unless a part of the system got fried (for example part of video memory or main memory) and in that case u could just check in the properties to see that all ur stuff is actually in there/working...

MikeBackus

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2006
would running a benchmark, give me a better idea of wether everythings ok, if so wht kind of numbers should I expect?

msi k8t neo-fsr
amd 64 3000+
bfg tech 6800gt factory overclock
gig of crucial pc 3200
danger den custom liquid system
I dont have a list of exact parts, but ita a dual fan radiator with the best pump/blocks they offer