problem logging on

September 6, 2004 10:29:33 PM

When I try to log in to my windows Xp home version I
click on my name & it comes up and then automatically
logs me out. Help I can't get into my system.

More about : problem logging

Anonymous
September 7, 2004 10:40:56 AM

Hi,

This may apply:

A User Logon Request Is Rejected Without Any Messages
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313322

Also, did you recently run a spyware removal program? If so, it may have
found and removed wsaupdater.dll (a nasty little bugger), but the problem is
that it didn't remove it from the logon sequence. There are a couple of ways
to correct this if this is the case. You will need to try to logon as
administrator (if you can), then follow these steps:

Start/run regedit, expand the + signs to this key:

Look at the userinit string in the left pane, double click it to open. All
that should be there is:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

Ending with the comma. If there is more than that, in particular a line
referencing wsaupdater, remove it leaving only the above.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone