problem logging on

When I try to log in to my windows Xp home version I
click on my name & it comes up and then automatically
logs me out. Help I can't get into my system.
1 answer Last reply
More about problem logging

    Hi,

    This may apply:

    A User Logon Request Is Rejected Without Any Messages
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313322

    Also, did you recently run a spyware removal program? If so, it may have
    found and removed wsaupdater.dll (a nasty little bugger), but the problem is
    that it didn't remove it from the logon sequence. There are a couple of ways
    to correct this if this is the case. You will need to try to logon as
    administrator (if you can), then follow these steps:

    Start/run regedit, expand the + signs to this key:

    Look at the userinit string in the left pane, double click it to open. All
    that should be there is:

    C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

    Ending with the comma. If there is more than that, in particular a line
    referencing wsaupdater, remove it leaving only the above.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    <lhansgen@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
    > When I try to log in to my windows Xp home version I
    > click on my name & it comes up and then automatically
    > logs me out. Help I can't get into my system.

Login Microsoft Windows XP