Limit of a 230W PSU?

HKArslan

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2006
Hi, everyone. First post here. :)

I've been having issues with my newer computer on certain games, so I've decided I have to upgrade my older computer. I need to know if the following products will run on a 230W power supply, or if I need to get a power supply with more wattage:

SAPPHIRE Radeon X1600PRO 512 GDDR2 Video Card
pqi POWER Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 266 (PC 2100) Unbuffered Dual Channel

Also currently running on this computer is a 2.81 GHz Intel Pentium IV CPU without Hyperthreading.

Thanks in advance.

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
That depends on the quality of the PSU. What type of PC is it? (Gateway, Dell, Powerspec, homebuilt, ???) What brand of PSU?

Without knowing anything else I'd say no way - but its possible its a top quality brand and it may just handle it.

Mike.

There are so many things that could be causing the ole "chugging" system. You need to provide details: all of your system part specs, the games that cause the chugging, and game res/settings. Is it just slowing down or does it lock up/shutdown? Are you adware and spyware free? All your drivers up to date? Game patches up to date? How many processes/other programs are running in the background?

The devil is in the details....

Latest posts