HP Photosmart 7550-"Color and photo cartridges (#57&58) fa..

HP Photosmart 7550-"Color and photo cartridges (#57,#58) failed.
Replace them or remove them to print in Reserve mode." message when
using after-market ink. Cartridges *are* good. Out of nowhere it will
print (and print well). Did hard and soft restarts-no change.
Rebooting computer *may/may not* have an effect. Other times error
message states that I have no cartridges installed. I have removed the
cartridges and cleaned everything (no issues with clogged head). When
I open printer utilities, I get this message, "Incompatible color print
cartridge. The color print cartridge is not compatible with this
printer. Install an hp color print cartridge made for your printer."
When I open the hp inkjet utility and check the ink level, it shows I
have no ink in all three cartridges.

I'm not up for buying hp cartridges if, infact, the aftermarket inks
and vials work just as well. If I can get past these hurdles and find
what the issues are, then I want to refill them with aftermarket refill
kits. Worked fine with my Epson four color printer.
Can anyone shine some light over here?
Reply to curious
2 answers Last reply
More about photosmart 7550 color photo cartridges

    your problem is simiilar to the problem iI have encurred. I actually
    folded a small piece of paper up and put it where the sensor goes
    across the top of the cartridge. I had to fold it about 3 or 4 times
    for it to actully be thick enough to work. Believe it or not this
    actually solved the problem. It immediately clear the error "# 57
    failed". I think you should try it out it worked for me.

    KP
    Reply to Anonymous

    "kp" <kpettaway@usouthal.edu> wrote in message
    > your problem is simiilar to the problem iI have encurred. I actually
    > folded a small piece of paper up and put it where the sensor goes
    > across the top of the cartridge. I had to fold it about 3 or 4 times
    > for it to actully be thick enough to work. Believe it or not this
    > actually solved the problem. It immediately clear the error "# 57
    > failed". I think you should try it out it worked for me.

    There is no sensor on the top of the cartridge, there is a spring mechanism
    that holds the cartridge properly in its carriage. My guess is that your latch
    is misaligned, and that the added pressure of the folded paper is allowing the
    cartridge contacts to male proper contact with the printer.

    Regards,
    Reply to Anonymous
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Printers HP Photosmart Photo Peripherals