Landing

Last response: in Video Games
June 21, 2005 9:31:03 PM

hi there

i am having some problems with landing a aircraft because the ILS
system only works for runway 9L of heathrow.

it doesn't work for any other airport

is there anything i can do to get it to work

thanks

More about : landing

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 7:31:08 AM

you have to tune the freq to nav1.

you can find the freq by clickin on the airport in the map view.

--
From Adam Webb, Overlag
www.tacticalgamer.com
"kajan" <kajan@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
> hi there
>
> i am having some problems with landing a aircraft because the ILS
> system only works for runway 9L of heathrow.
>
> it doesn't work for any other airport
>
> is there anything i can do to get it to work
>
> thanks

June 22, 2005 8:27:05 AM

where do i get the frequencies

Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 22, 2005 8:40:49 AM

"kajan"
> i am having some problems with landing a aircraft because the ILS
> system only works for runway 9L of heathrow.
> it doesn't work for any other airport

You have to look up the other frequencies and dial them into the NAV1 radio.

Dallas
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 12:59:56 PM

>where do i get the frequencies

There are tutorial flights in FS, you should follow them as well as
check the excellent help/guide that will explain how to use the radios
and navigate. To get the frequencies call the world map and select the
airport, it will show all information including ILS...

===
Best Regards
Katy
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 11:05:02 PM

Don't worry. Landing is overrated.

John

July 17, 2005 7:09:47 AM

You can get them off of your GPS unit on the WAYPOINT page and the third
window in that display showing radio frequencies for the given airport, in
your case EGLL.

I actually will fire up the GPS unit and get that info plugged into NAV
radio before I even taxi. I can either make a note of the frequencies for
later entry into the nav radios or do it enroute. The GPS unit is a great
reference tool.

When ATC gives you your runway landing instructions you will be in a
position to have the correct ILS frequencies at hand.

Here is a quick description for you.

Mike C.

http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/Heathrow01.jpg
http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/Heathrow02.jpg
http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/Heathrow03.jpg
http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/Heathrow04.jpg

> where do i get the frequencies

July 17, 2005 8:35:59 AM

"mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> Mike C.
>
> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/Heathrow01.jpg
> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/Heathrow02.jpg
> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/Heathrow03.jpg
> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/Heathrow04.jpg
>
> "kajan" <kajan@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
>> where do i get the frequencies

Mike,
Where do I get the ADF freq for airports please?
Eric H
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 4:39:11 PM

Eric,
If you want to use the GPS unit, advance to the Waypoint page and dial in
the airport code.

http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/Heathrow05.jpg

Advance to the 5th display in the Waypoint page. It will show you the Non
Directional Beacon (NDB) frequency for the airport.

http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/Heathrow06.jpg

Hope that helps

Mike C.
news:p elCe.144812$Vo6.93784@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...