VOCAL SER SIPX NIST ASTERISK DYNAMICSOFT WHICH IS THE BEST..

Hello all,

I've been investigating a new business that involves VOIP and will
probably need to scale hopefully into the 100s of thousands of users.
I've spend the last two weeks evaluating VOCAL (which I like) and I've
just started on SER. Which leaves me with SIPX, ASTERISK and NIST-SIP
on the open source side and Dynamicsoft (who claim to be the 'gold
standard' on the commercial side. I'd like to start a thread here to
get people who have deployed each of these solutions to start talking
about the pros and cons of each. Here is the criteria I would like to
evaluate each on:

Higher numbers are better

Ease of installation: (1-5)

Quality of Documentation: (1-5)

Level of development activity:(1-5)

Scalablility:(1-5)

Standard features:(1-5)

Unique features:(1-5)

User provisioning capabilities:(1-5)

Availability of commercial support:(1-5)

Real world implementation (verifiable implemenations) (1-5)

Put most importantly, I'd like to get some realworld implementation
comments from people who are actually using these products. They all
look pretty good at the installation phase, but I'd like to hear from
people who have actually deployed to try to understand where the problem
areas.

Thanks,

BY

PS Its kind of a shame that we cant get all these talented people to
work on a single project.

Hello!

> I've been investigating a new business that involves VOIP and will
> probably need to scale hopefully into the 100s of thousands of users.
> I've spend the last two weeks evaluating VOCAL (which I like) and I've
> just started on SER. Which leaves me with SIPX, ASTERISK and NIST-SIP
> on the open source side and Dynamicsoft (who claim to be the 'gold
There is PortaSIP (www.portaone.com), which is:
- open-source
- integrated the best available open-source components, such as SER or Vovida
- commercial (so you get all of the benefits like good documentation,
support, ...)
- easy-to-use and integrated with the billing

> Higher numbers are better
>
> Ease of installation: (1-5)
5 - installation CD contains FreeBSD, all the required packages and the
software. Takes about 10 minutes to install the server for a person with
basic technical knowledge (you just have to answer few simple questions
like IP addresses, time zone, ...)

> Quality of Documentation: (1-5)
4.5, see it yourself, it is publicly available at
http://www.portaone.com/resources/documentation/index.html

> Level of development activity:(1-5)
4 - continuous development, improvements with each new release

> Scalablility:(1-5)
4 - single server supports about 40-50 call attempts per second, which is
more than enough for the average size ITSP, multiple server deployment
available.

> Standard features:(1-5)
5 - all the standard features, call authorization, customer private
numbering plans and extension lists, disconnect on timer, fail over
routes, accounting, ...

> Unique features:(1-5)
RTP proxy for NAT traversal, media server for error announcement, "Follow
me" features, integration with the unified messaging solution

> User provisioning capabilities:(1-5)
5 - you can either use PortaBilling for the provisioning, or can be
integrated with the external billing

> Availability of commercial support:(1-5)
5 - high quality 24x7 support is available

> Real world implementation (verifiable implemenations) (1-5)
4 - multiple running installations world-wide

> Put most importantly, I'd like to get some realworld implementation
> comments from people who are actually using these products. They all
> look pretty good at the installation phase, but I'd like to hear from
> people who have actually deployed to try to understand where the problem
> areas.
Contact sales@portaone.com, they can provide you with some references.

WBR, Andrew
--
Andrew Zhilenko
Please remove "hide-email." from my email address when replying,

TRENDING THREADS