Print Server for Canon Pixma iP4000?

Does anyone know of a print server that is compatible with the Canon
Pixma iP4000? I am using a Netgear DG834G router/modem and have tried
a Belkin print server which I found was compatible with my old Epson
830u (820 in the US). However it will not work with the Canon 4000.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about print server canon pixma ip4000

    "Harry" <harry@hmack.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know of a print server that is compatible with the Canon
    > Pixma iP4000? I am using a Netgear DG834G router/modem and have tried
    > a Belkin print server which I found was compatible with my old Epson
    > 830u (820 in the US). However it will not work with the Canon 4000.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.

    If you have just purchased the iP4000 why not exchange for the iP4000R which
    has a built in wired/wireless NIC.

    On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:15:37 +0000, Harry <harry@hmack.demon.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >Does anyone know of a print server that is compatible with the Canon
    >Pixma iP4000? I am using a Netgear DG834G router/modem and have tried
    >a Belkin print server which I found was compatible with my old Epson
    >830u (820 in the US). However it will not work with the Canon 4000.
    >
    >Any help appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks

    Pricom 6200U only.

    --
    Con Madrid, con las víctimas.

    11-M: No olvidamos.

    Fernando el Católico

    I would advice you to get a printserver that supports USB 2.0 HiSpeed
    transfers. USB 1.1 print server may be too slow for fast printer with a lot
    of small 2pl dots printer. This may manifest in breaks during printing
    photos.

    mpx wrote:

    >I would advice you to get a printserver that supports USB 2.0 HiSpeed
    >transfers. USB 1.1 print server may be too slow for fast printer with a lot
    >of small 2pl dots printer. This may manifest in breaks during printing
    >photos.

    Is it April 1st already...?
    :)

    Any respectable print server will have no problems pumping data through
    for any printer, be it USB v1 or v2.

    Having said that, some USB print servers are very slow, but they're the
    "no-name" brands like IOGear, NetGear, etc. which are cheap products
    that are not really designed with performance in mind. I've seen USB v2
    print servers take several minutes to forward a page of text. On the
    other hand, a good print server like the HP JetDirect line will not have
    any noticeable performance impact at all.

    You get what you pay for...not the version that's stamped on the box.

    On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 01:06:12 +0100, Fernando el Católico
    <fcatolico@bufanderos.com> wrote:

    >On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:15:37 +0000, Harry <harry@hmack.demon.co.uk>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Does anyone know of a print server that is compatible with the Canon
    >>Pixma iP4000? I am using a Netgear DG834G router/modem and have tried
    >>a Belkin print server which I found was compatible with my old Epson
    >>830u (820 in the US). However it will not work with the Canon 4000.
    >>
    >>Any help appreciated.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >
    >Pricom 6200U only.

    Hi and thanks for the replies.

    I was not aware of the existence of the Pricom 6200U. If only it
    wasn't so expensive it would be exactly what I was looking for.

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:37:58 -0500, Bill wrote:
    > Any respectable print server will have no problems pumping data through
    > for any printer, be it USB v1 or v2.

    True - and wrong.

    Most USB print servers are one way only - while Canon sends various
    diagnostics from the printer to the cpu, such as ink low.

    You may connect the iPs to almost every printer, both parallel and USB.
    But you will have to live without diagnostics and may have some higher
    ink consumption for more frequent head cleaning.

    "mpx" <mpx@nospam.hoga.pl> wrote in message

    > I would advice you to get a printserver that supports USB 2.0 HiSpeed
    > transfers. USB 1.1 print server may be too slow for fast printer with a
    > lot
    > of small 2pl dots printer. This may manifest in breaks during printing
    > photos.

    But the ip4000 is only USB1.1

    I have a Trendnet TE100-P2U1P and a IP4000.
    So far no good, the printer appear offline in the PSAdmin
    and printer does not respond when trying to print.
    I had a Canon bubblebutt 240 or so before the IP4000 and that worked
    just fine on the Trendnet.

    If someone has made a IP4000 work on a TE100-P2U1P, would be
    nice to know.

Printers Pixma Compatibility Servers Peripherals