XP SP2 updating

September 7, 2004 4:28:37 PM

Hi, I am new comer. I have a problem in updating the XP Pro SP2 by using
window update. Everytime when I am updating SP2, I am still in the
"preparing for downloading......." for very long time. I monitor the
network, it looks receive nothing from MICROSOFT, although I can see many
packets sent. I have no problem in updating for the other patch, only
problem in SP2. Why ? Is the sever is busy for SP2 ? It was happened in the
past whole week. Please help.

More about : sp2 updating

September 7, 2004 4:28:38 PM

Why bother. Order the SP2 from here
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp...

or go to Staples - they have the CDs for free.

"Toyo" <to@yo.com> wrote in message
news:o dQMmMJlEHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi, I am new comer. I have a problem in updating the XP Pro SP2 by using
> window update. Everytime when I am updating SP2, I am still in the
> "preparing for downloading......." for very long time. I monitor the
> network, it looks receive nothing from MICROSOFT, although I can see many
> packets sent. I have no problem in updating for the other patch, only
> problem in SP2. Why ? Is the sever is busy for SP2 ? It was happened in
> the past whole week. Please help.

Anonymous
September 7, 2004 5:07:16 PM

Thanks