APPLE CONVERTS XSERVERS FROM POWERPC TO AMD

ltcommander_data

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2004
I just may be me, but I'll have to be a little bit conservative on this news. It's just like The Inquirer article based on a picture with a Turion X2 board using an Apple battery. This article is even less conclusive, simply linking the existing G5 XServe site and the existing Opteron site and listing specifications. I just found it weird that Think Secret hasn't said anything since they are usually the first with Apple related rumours. I'll have to wait for more information or a formal press release from Apple.

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004
face-profile.jpg

endyen

Splendid
I wish he would just dissolve into nothingness ---- he provides absolutely NOTHING of use, this link being the worst WORST of them all.....
And he is worse than someone who can only harp on keyboards how?
Me thinks your fanboyism is not happy with his.

endyen

Splendid
I'd say the same for you.
Why then you would be wrong.
My fanboyism has no problem with most fanboys. I only have a problem with extreme idiot fanboys.

(you dont make that category yet, but if you want to try, be my guest)
I see the caps as his way of shouting out a headline, much as newspaper hawkers used to do. I think it's valid. For him, I'm sure that at least part of his reason for using capslock is to pi$$ you off.

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004
Fair enough.

I see the caps as his way of shouting out a headline, much as newspaper hawkers used to do.

Well hes not selling newpapers. He does it because he's a fanboy much like amdmeltdown, who you seem to dislike alot but say nothing to 9-inch.

endyen

Splendid
he's a fanboy much like amdmeltdown, who you seem to dislike alot
Wrong, on bothe counts. Meltie is an old troll. I enjoy him a lot. True, it's because he is so easy to pick on, bt he is still a troll. 9inch may be a fanboy, but a lot of his posts have a real source with at least somewhat usefull info. (Yes, a grain of salt is required, but that is true of most of the stuff we see .)
For instance, compare this and this[url].
Tell me why a 2.6 FX60, with a X1900XTX scores the same as a 2.8 FX60, with crossfired X1900XTs, in F.E.A.R. min framerate test.

endyen

Splendid
They are at the same res. The part that I have trouble with, is that the crossfired cards, with a faster chip, tie the slower chip, with a slightly better gfx card.
In reallity, the 2.8 FX should be at least 15% faster.

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004
Ah, damn quake 4 with its 1280 * 960.

The part that I have trouble with, is that the crossfired cards, with a faster chip, tie the slower chip, with a slightly better gfx card.

It could be a game thing, there are other differences in the setup.

In reallity, the 2.8 FX should be at least 15% faster.

Again, its only the minimum framerate.

endyen

Splendid
Maps and textures are preloaded, not during gameplay.
DMA is not used during gameplay, as it requires the chip to go into a semi-dormant state. Seriously, what can a modern chip do, when it cant access main memory?