Sign in with
Your question

Win 8 RP into Pro??

Last response: in Windows 8
November 29, 2012 3:25:11 PM

I'm using win 8 RP in my PC.Can I upgrade it into Win 8 pro???

More about : win pro

November 29, 2012 3:47:02 PM

yes, it will work, but it is technically piracy. you need to either have a legal OEM that you're upgrading from (if u do not plan to change out your motherboard) or a previous full retail version (if you plan to use a different motherboard)
m
l
November 29, 2012 3:55:12 PM

yes, it will work, but it is technically piracy. you need to either have a legal OEM that you're upgrading from (if u do not plan to change out your motherboard) or a previous full retail version (if you plan to use a different motherboard)
m
l
Related resources
a b * Windows 8
November 29, 2012 4:21:04 PM

Hi :) 

Its ILLEGAL and we do NOT HELP here with ILLEGAL upgrades...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
November 29, 2012 7:51:47 PM

To answer the OP, yes you can however you are required to run the Microsoft Upgrade assistant however only your personal files are kept everything else is deleted.

Please refer here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/upgrade-to...

If you had the Consumer Preview or the Developers Preview then you are SOL!

Also, please pay attention to the warning as it relates to installing the OS from removable media.
m
l
November 29, 2012 7:51:58 PM

To answer the OP, yes you can however you are required to run the Microsoft Upgrade assistant however only your personal files are kept everything else is deleted.

Please refer here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/upgrade-to...

If you had the Consumer Preview or the Developers Preview then you are SOL!
m
l
a b * Windows 8
November 29, 2012 9:10:31 PM

Sure, your upgrade from the consumer preview or developer version will result in a clean install but it is a valid platform to upgrade from and you do get the upgrade price. If you enter a promo code you get the promo price. You are not SOL if you have the preview. The preview versions ends at the end of January next year, I expect you will be able to get the upgrade price until at least that date.
m
l
!