Canon BJC-5100 Getting "out of ink" error with new cartrid..

Hello,

My Canon BJC-5100 recently ran out of ink and I replaced
the cart with a brand new Canon BC-23 black ink cartridge. The
printer gave me this error:

"The ink cartridge in Holder 1 is out of black ink.

Do you want to continue the procedure without replacing the
cartridge?"

I tried printing like twenty pages anyway, but not a single drop
of ink went on the pages. The printer would thread the page
through the machine as usual and the printer head would go back
and forth like it was printing, just no ink. I assumed I had a
dud cart and got Staples to replace it. The next one also didn't
work. I then tried a BC-20 cartridge assuming that maybe Staples
had a whole batch of dud BC-23s. No good. At this point I'm
pretty sure the printer is at fault! So, I cleaned the printer
head contacts on the printer. I wiped out my Windows 2000
drivers completely as outlined by Microsoft and reinstalled the
latest Canon drivers. [2.20] Nothing seems to help.

I'm ready to give up on this thing and just get a new printer. I
sent Canon web support an email but I don't hold up much hope of
them helping me. Has anybody encountered this problem and is
there any solution that actually worked?

Thanks!

Fungii

anyone4tennis@hotmail.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My Canon BJC-5100 recently ran out of ink and I replaced
> the cart with a brand new Canon BC-23 black ink cartridge. The
> printer gave me this error:
>
> "The ink cartridge in Holder 1 is out of black ink.
>
> Do you want to continue the procedure without replacing the
> cartridge?"
>
> I tried printing like twenty pages anyway, but not a single drop
> of ink went on the pages. The printer would thread the page
> through the machine as usual and the printer head would go back
> and forth like it was printing, just no ink. I assumed I had a
> dud cart and got Staples to replace it. The next one also didn't
> work. I then tried a BC-20 cartridge assuming that maybe Staples
> had a whole batch of dud BC-23s. No good. At this point I'm
> pretty sure the printer is at fault! So, I cleaned the printer
> head contacts on the printer. I wiped out my Windows 2000
> drivers completely as outlined by Microsoft and reinstalled the
> latest Canon drivers. [2.20] Nothing seems to help.
>
> I'm ready to give up on this thing and just get a new printer. I
> sent Canon web support an email but I don't hold up much hope of
> them helping me. Has anybody encountered this problem and is
> there any solution that actually worked?

Try deleting and re-loading the drivers.