Some hint about voice over ip

10 user in the same building, all rooms connected to the lan
2 isdn lines

witch is the best solution to have a telephone exchange can manage
internal and external phone with shared dial list?

Thanks in advance
5 answers Last reply
More about some hint voice

    A cheap solution would be to take a PC or embedded device with a
    network card and a passive ISDN card running Asterisk
    (http://www.asterisk.org) on top of Linux (there are even Debian
    packages). That way you can manage extensive dialplans,
    fax/voice2mail/boxes, ...

    Juhura

    Luca wrote:
    > 10 user in the same building, all rooms connected to the lan
    > 2 isdn lines
    >
    > witch is the best solution to have a telephone exchange can manage
    > internal and external phone with shared dial list?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    A asterisk (www.asterisk.org) on a PC with Linux OS and a ISDN PCI card that
    are supported by asterisk (example Eicon).

    /Mats

    nagamichi@web.de (Juhura Nagamichi) wrote in message news:<eb0e3560.0405090801.5f92e981@posting.google.com>...
    > A cheap solution would be to take a PC or embedded device with a
    > network card and a passive ISDN card running Asterisk
    > (http://www.asterisk.org) on top of Linux (there are even Debian
    > packages). That way you can manage extensive dialplans,
    > fax/voice2mail/boxes, ...
    >
    > Juhura

    It's a great solution!
    Please explain me the meaning of "passive" isdn card, I'm in europe
    and isdn card is TA.

    What is the best quality/price phone on the market in your opinion?
    Thanks
    Luca

    Luca wrote:
    > nagamichi@web.de (Juhura Nagamichi) wrote in message
    >> A cheap solution would be to take a PC or embedded device with a
    >> network card and a passive ISDN card running Asterisk
    >> (http://www.asterisk.org) on top of Linux (there are even Debian
    >> packages). That way you can manage extensive dialplans,
    >> fax/voice2mail/boxes, ...
    >>
    >> Juhura
    >
    > It's a great solution!
    > Please explain me the meaning of "passive" isdn card, I'm in europe
    > and isdn card is TA.
    >
    > What is the best quality/price phone on the market in your opinion?
    > Thanks
    > Luca

    There is active ISDN cards witch has processing onboard the ISDN card =
    expencive and then you have passive cards with less processing onboard the
    ISDN card and those card uses more CPU capacity from the motherboard and are
    less expensive.

    Pick a card that has support from the ISDN4LINUX (www.isdn4linux.org).

    Check the link http://www.isdn4linux.de/faq/i4lfaq-5.html#ss5.1 for hardware
    support and http://www.isdn4linux.de/faq/i4lfaq-5.html#ss5.2 for an
    explanation of the difference between active and passive ISDN card.

    /Mats
  5. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    luca@8volante.com (Luca) wrote in message
    > What is the best quality/price phone on the market in your opinion?

    If you want to spend 600$, 70$/year and 6 hours for the basic
    configuration you should take a Cisco 7960G! ;-)

    If you want a cheap (70 -100 $) but reliable solution, you should take
    the Grandstream ATA-286 analogue adapter and a good analogue phone. Do
    not take one of Grandstream's BT-100 series phones! They have no
    address book and the micro of the speaker phone isn't worth it's name.

    Juhura

vpn IP Exchange Phones Networking