DSL line and phone

If I order DSL line from Bell Canada

Can I cancel my residential phone line and use 1 splitter to connect my
phone to it

"3G.ITMAN" <ebonyrocket@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<mxdoc.3973$Xy3.17333@tor-nn1.netcom.ca>...
> If I order DSL line from Bell Canada
>
> Can I cancel my residential phone line and use 1 splitter to connect my
> phone to it

The question is, which services provides your VoIP-provider?

You need a broadband access with low latency, and a volume or
flatrate. But most VoIP-providers do not support emergency calling and
some do not support value added numbers (0900, ...).

Juhura