Active Sync problem with two laptops

October 14, 2004 8:59:59 PM

I am using active sync 3.7.1 with two laptops. I want my home laptop running
outlook to have ALL categories and contact to sync with my PPC , which it
does.
I then want to transfer limited categories and their included contacts to my
office laptop.

Seems when I try to limit the contacts going to my office or second laptop,
the categories I am not syncing with my second system get blown-away on the
PPC.

Any ideas?
..
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 14, 2004 11:10:52 PM

BillyT wrote:

> I am using active sync 3.7.1 with two laptops. I want my home laptop
> running outlook to have ALL categories and contact to sync with my
> PPC , which it does.
> I then want to transfer limited categories and their included
> contacts to my office laptop.
>
> Seems when I try to limit the contacts going to my office or second
> laptop, the categories I am not syncing with my second system get
> blown-away on the PPC.

The category filtering in ActiveSync is one way only - from the desktop
to the Pocket PC. This means that if you sync with more than one
computer, and want to only sync certain categories from each desktop,
you'll end up with the categories you don't want on the other desktop.

The only program I've seen that can really handle two-way category
filtering is IntelliSync (http://www.pumatech.com).

--
Rob Borek
MCP, Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices