Want good, cheap fanless board for Opteron 150 or X2 4800

trancemitr

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
I'll be building a new system soon, and I'd like to hear some motherboard recommendations. I haven't completely decided on the CPU yet, but I didn't list the Opteron 165 or 144 becaues I don't plan on overclocking, at least at this time. Though I've built my own systems for years I've always been a bit leery of trying it. I'll be mating it with a 1900xt and 2GB of RAM. I haven't decided on the PSU yet either. I'd prefer to go with a motherboard that has a heatsink over a fan as I want to keep things as quiet as possible, especially with how loud the 1900xt is supposed to be. I know the 32x boards are supposed to be great, but I just don't want to spend that much since I will not be using SLI or Crossfire. Here's a couple I've run across.

Abit KN8 SLI

Abit AN8 SLI

Thanks.

pat

Expert
I'll be building a new system soon, and I'd like to hear some motherboard recommendations. I haven't completely decided on the CPU yet, but I didn't list the Opteron 165 or 144 becaues I don't plan on overclocking, at least at this time. Though I've built my own systems for years I've always been a bit leery of trying it. I'll be mating it with a 1900xt and 2GB of RAM. I haven't decided on the PSU yet either. I'd prefer to go with a motherboard that has a heatsink over a fan as I want to keep things as quiet as possible, especially with how loud the 1900xt is supposed to be. I know the 32x boards are supposed to be great, but I just don't want to spend that much since I will not be using SLI or Crossfire. Here's a couple I've run across.

Abit KN8 SLI

Abit AN8 SLI

Thanks.

Asus A8R32 seems nice, did not try it thou. ATI chipset is fast, and run cooler than nvidia one anyway.

Abit has some ATI based motherboard too that are fanless.