Uncontrollable Baron

When flying the Beechcraft Baron it is impossible to controll the
attitude. It bounces up and down like crazy and I cannot trim for level
flight. I do not however have this problem with the Cessna 172 or with
the Schweizer sailplane. I have a Logitech Wingman Force3D joystick.
How is this possible?

Thanks

boB wrote:
> I was watching an AI plane touching down which smoked the tires on
> contact with the runway.
>
> But if you aren't watching, do the tires still smoke?

Nope!
It only happens when *YOU* are watching, boB.
:)

Marcel

I've no solution for you but I have the same problem with the same joystick
with the Baron.
It works well with all other planes.

stevej

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004

You could engage the autopilot to hold the attitude this will trim it out
for straight and level. When level you could disengage this if you like to

HTH
Steve

"Gargleblaster" <Gargleblaster@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
> When flying the Beechcraft Baron it is impossible to controll the
> attitude. It bounces up and down like crazy and I cannot trim for level
> flight. I do not however have this problem with the Cessna 172 or with
> the Schweizer sailplane. I have a Logitech Wingman Force3D joystick.
> How is this possible?
>
> Thanks

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

GREGORY

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:07:32 GMT, boB <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom>
brought the following to our attention:

>I was watching an AI plane touching down which smoked the tires on
>contact with the runway.
>
>But if you aren't watching, do the tires still smoke?

Bob.. weren't you one of those Nam guys?
what's going to happen when those lads
come back from the Gulf? ;-}

-G

crash

Gargleblaster wrote:
> When flying the Beechcraft Baron it is impossible to controll the
> attitude. It bounces up and down like crazy and I cannot trim for
> level flight. I do not however have this problem with the Cessna 172
> or with the Schweizer sailplane. I have a Logitech Wingman Force3D
> joystick. How is this possible?

I flew the Baron a few times when first getting FS-9, had the same problem,
and never bothered with it again.....

Cheers'n Beers... [_])
Don

Arthur

Afraid they do, boB...but the government is doing all they can to ban it,
saying it's not healthy and may cause lung cancer in crows which hang around
airports.

Arthur

"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
>I was watching an AI plane touching down which smoked the tires on contact
>with the runway.
>
> But if you aren't watching, do the tires still smoke?
>
> --
>
> boB,
> SAG 70
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
>I was watching an AI plane touching down which smoked the tires on contact
>with the runway.
>
> But if you aren't watching, do the tires still smoke?

If a tree falls in the woods and there's nobody there to hear
it...........can a husband still be right about something????
Dudley

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:49:51 GMT, Dudley Henriques wrote:

> If a tree falls in the woods and there's nobody there to hear
> it...........can a husband still be right about something????

Universal law states that men are never right....but we do have a fantastic
sense of direction.

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(...travelling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy!)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Gregory wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:07:32 GMT, boB <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom>
> brought the following to our attention:
>

>>I was watching an AI plane touching down which smoked the tires on
>>contact with the runway.
>>
>>But if you aren't watching, do the tires still smoke?
>

> Bob.. weren't you one of those Nam guys?
> what's going to happen when those lads
> come back from the Gulf? ;-}
>

> -G

Yes, but my orders were canceled because we were "De-escalating.

I flew in the first Gulf War and whatever I flew through has completely
disabled me. I don't even drive anymore much less fly anything. But the
current troops in Iraq are facing much more disturbing and psychological
problems than we were exposed to. Like Vietnam, they will have multiple
problems for some time to come. So will the British, Australians, and
other soldiers fighting there. Since I never came home with holes in my
helicopter, I don't even know if I was ever shot at. You can see muzzle
flashes but unless they used tracers, you couldn't be sure where they
were shooting.

As for the tracers, they learned very quick NOT to us them. There was
usually a quick and violent explosion at the source of the tracers. They
figured it out... tracers = death. Not from me, I had a .38 with 6
rounds, and my Sgt E6 Ranger Observer had an M-16 velcro'd to the
instrument panel. Other than that we were just an un-armed scout
helicopter.

A humorous note. I told my Ranger Sgt observer that if we were shot
down, he was in charge. I'd be following him. :)

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

GREGORY

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:08:08 GMT, boB <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom>
brought the following to our attention:

>Gregory wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:07:32 GMT, boB <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom>
>> brought the following to our attention:
>>

>>>I was watching an AI plane touching down which smoked the tires on
>>>contact with the runway.
>>>
>>>But if you aren't watching, do the tires still smoke?
>>

>> Bob.. weren't you one of those Nam guys?
>> what's going to happen when those lads
>> come back from the Gulf? ;-}
>>

>> -G
>>

>Yes, but my orders were canceled because we were "De-escalating.
>
>I flew in the first Gulf War and whatever I flew through has completely
>disabled me. I don't even drive anymore much less fly anything. But the
>current troops in Iraq are facing much more disturbing and psychological
>problems than we were exposed to. Like Vietnam, they will have multiple
>problems for some time to come. So will the British, Australians, and
>other soldiers fighting there.

That's a tragic and typical story.. Bob

It's Gulf War Syndrome.. and between 200,000 and 300,000 GWI vets are
now permanently disabled. A combination of DU and vaccinations. Here's
a DU briefing (repost)..

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/video1/DU-A28K.WMV

and if you'd like [to hear] some MP3 audios about the VA (vets adm),
experimental injections, the ignoring of veterans, and denial by the
government.. will provide links.

-G

> >> When flying the Beechcraft Baron it is impossible to controll the
>> attitude. It bounces up and down like crazy and I cannot trim for level
>> flight. I do not however have this problem with the Cessna 172 or with
>> the Schweizer sailplane. I have a Logitech Wingman Force3D joystick.
>> How is this possible?
>>
>> Thanks

I can assure you the default Baron flies beautifully and for me that's
around 150 - 160 knots. I find it torques left mildly but most occasions
I can just trim and fly hands off.

Butts

rod

You got me curious so I tried the Baron for the first time. It was the most
stable airplane of the bunch. Ya never know, I guess.

Rod
"CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
> Gargleblaster wrote:
> > When flying the Beechcraft Baron it is impossible to controll the
> > attitude. It bounces up and down like crazy and I cannot trim for
> > level flight. I do not however have this problem with the Cessna 172
> > or with the Schweizer sailplane. I have a Logitech Wingman Force3D
> > joystick. How is this possible?
> >

> I flew the Baron a few times when first getting FS-9, had the same
problem,
> and never bothered with it again.....
>
> Cheers'n Beers... [_])
> Don

Yes very similar here. I make all the big decisions like should we go to
war, should we send aid to Africa and so on.
She does the minor ones like where we should live and what job I should do.

Cheers
Quilljar

Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
http://www.livtech.co.uk

boB wrote:
> I was watching an AI plane touching down which smoked the tires on
> contact with the runway.
>
> But if you aren't watching, do the tires still smoke?

If an AI plane falls in the forest and no one's there to hear it, does
it still make a sound?

John

Arthur

Sure......ask any virtual squirrel.

Arthur

"The Man Behind The Curtain" <johngrabowski@earthblink.net> wrote in message
> boB wrote:
>> I was watching an AI plane touching down which smoked the tires on
>> contact with the runway.
>>
>> But if you aren't watching, do the tires still smoke?
>
> If an AI plane falls in the forest and no one's there to hear it, does it
> still make a sound?
>

> John
>
> --
>

> Von Herzen, moge es wieder zu Herzen gehen. --Beethoven

GREGORY

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 04:58:09 GMT, "Dallas"
<Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our
attention:

>"boB"
>> But if you aren't watching, do the tires still smoke?
>
>It depends on what you are smoking.

not in a really long time.... and besides.. didn't inhale!

>Danger Puppy

crash

Rod wrote:
> You got me curious so I tried the Baron for the first time. It was
> the most stable airplane of the bunch. Ya never know, I guess.

At first glance I thought the OP mentioned 'altitude' (rather than the more
encompassing description of 'attitude') which was my main complaint - it
seemed about as fussy as the Lear for maintaining altitude manually.. Plus
I didn't like the outside view (lack of), and simply returned to what I was
comfortable with, since all my RL flying was done in high wing Cessnas.
Different strokes for different folks, and all that rot.............

GREGORY

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 03:32:04 -0500, Gargleblaster
<Gargleblaster@forums.simradar.com> brought the following:

>When flying the Beechcraft Baron it is impossible to controll the
>attitude. It bounces up and down like crazy and I cannot trim for level
>flight. I do not however have this problem with the Cessna....

About three years ago when Oshkosh scenery came out from MS..
a FireBaron hop-up kit was created and then squashed when certain
individuals started screaming!!

It handled ok -- and was a Hot Rod Baron alright!!

See here:
http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/FireBaron.jpg (85k)

Animation:
http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/Baron_hold-runway.gif (272k)

Here's all that's left of it.. fun to make the webpage anyway. :)

-G

Gregory <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote:

> About three years ago when Oshkosh scenery came out from MS..
> a FireBaron hop-up kit was created and then squashed when certain
> individuals started screaming!!

What are the details surrounding this story? I hadn't heard of this.

--
Peter

GREGORY

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:33:18 -0400, Beech45Whiskey <pjricc@gmail.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Gregory <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> About three years ago when Oshkosh scenery came out from MS..
>> a FireBaron hop-up kit was created and then squashed when certain
>> individuals started screaming!!

>What are the details surrounding this story? I hadn't heard of this.

Peter.. would rather not hash over it again and mention any one in
particular. We want to have fun and not fight. How about look over
the specs for a `reality check'?

>Here's all that's left of it.. fun to make the webpage anyway. :)

Forgot the URL below.. ok so maybe no compressors?

http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/firebaron.htm

-G

Yep,they sure do

Gregory wrote:

> It's Gulf War Syndrome.. and between 200,000 and 300,000 GWI vets are
> now permanently disabled. A combination of DU and vaccinations. Here's
> a DU briefing (repost)..
>
> http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/video1/DU-A28K.WMV
>
> and if you'd like [to hear] some MP3 audios about the VA (vets adm),
> experimental injections, the ignoring of veterans, and denial by the
> government.. will provide links.
>

> -G

Thanks for the link. And yes, I'd like to get the MP3 links as well.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)