HP 4050 Tray 2 problem

Hello
We have a HP 4050 with just tray 1 and tray 2. The problem is that the
printer only wants to print from tray 1, which is manual feed. Every
time someone tries to print it only gives the error message "Load plain
letter in Tray 1". Tray 2 is full of plain letter paper, why won't it
go there instead?
I have set tray to Cassette and First, no difference. I changed the
settings on my computer for the printer to default to tray 2, no
difference. I reset the printers setting to factory default and no
difference.
It should be that complicated to print form tray 2. What can I do?

Computers that connect to the printer, it is on the network, is both
NT4 and XP.

Thanks for your help
/Mats

check that the tray1 (manual feed) sensor lever is secured and connected
fully. I've been in situation whereby the sensor bar wasn't clicked into
place thus throwing up this kinda error.

"matstara" <matstara@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> We have a HP 4050 with just tray 1 and tray 2. The problem is that the
> printer only wants to print from tray 1, which is manual feed. Every
> time someone tries to print it only gives the error message "Load plain
> letter in Tray 1". Tray 2 is full of plain letter paper, why won't it
> go there instead?
> I have set tray to Cassette and First, no difference. I changed the
> settings on my computer for the printer to default to tray 2, no
> difference. I reset the printers setting to factory default and no
> difference.
> It should be that complicated to print form tray 2. What can I do?
>
> Computers that connect to the printer, it is on the network, is both
> NT4 and XP.
>
> Thanks for your help
> /Mats

darleneyakich