Asteriks! What i need?

Hello, i just installed a Connectiva Linux on a PC and want to know
what i need to run Asteriks. I already have two Sipura SPA-2000, a
network, a router and a adsl internet.

- To connect to the network/internet i need only one ethernet card?
- To connect to the PSTN i need a regular modem? Can i add more to
have more connections to the PSTN on the same computer?

After that i only need to get more ATAs to use as "braches" of my
system?

Thanks
Tony
1 answer Last reply
More about asteriks need

    In article <58419c3.0405131034.9e5f064@posting.google.com>,
    Antonio <mouallem@ig.com.br> wrote:
    >Hello, i just installed a Connectiva Linux on a PC and want to know
    >what i need to run Asteriks. I already have two Sipura SPA-2000, a
    >network, a router and a adsl internet.
    >
    >- To connect to the network/internet i need only one ethernet card?

    Yes.

    >- To connect to the PSTN i need a regular modem?

    No, you need a analog-port card, like

    http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=wildcard_x100p

    > Can i add more to
    >have more connections to the PSTN on the same computer?

    Yes. Put more of the x100p cards into the system.
    Or use some of the other boards, as seen on

    http://www.asterisk.org/index.php?menu=hardware

    e.g. the

    http://www.voicetronix.com/vpb4_v4pci.htm

    >After that i only need to get more ATAs to use as "braches" of my
    >system?

    Yes.

    --
    MfG/Best regards, Kurt Jaeger 16 years to go !
    LF.net GmbH fon +49 711 90074-23 pi@LF.net

vpn Connection Networking