KRa104

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me, I have an ATI All-In-Wonder 9600XT video card and it has had kind of a meltdown. I came back to my dorm from spring break and my computer, which worked fine a week earlier, now was showing a bunch of drivers failing in Decive Manager. The four that dont work are:

ATI WDM Rage Theater Audio
ATI WDM Rage Theater Video NSP
ATI WDM TV Audio Crossbar
ATI WDM TV Tuner

All of them have a "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" error message, which seems to be a very generic error. I have tried reinstalling the Catalyst drivers many times (and many versions) with no success. Does anyone know if this is more a hardware or software issue? The card is fairly new (4 months) and I didn't make any changes to the drivers before it went downhill. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Ken

emd

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2004
I have the 9550 since is the same chip but at 250/200 I think the inactivity could damage the chip at restart (¿400/300?)
BTW I use the Omega drivers but I don´t know if works in all-in-wonder

KRa104

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Hey emd, thanks for the reply. I don't know much about the details of these kinds of things, but I didn't even think leaving it off and then booting would fry a chip like that.

The only thing is that the video card works for the most part, I am using it now. But, when I try to use any feature like the TV it doesn't work and I noticed games doesn't seem quite as smooth. Is it possible that just a part of the board got fried? Thanks.

Ken

emd

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2004
I´d give a try but I was unable to detect the trouble whit your vid card maybe in http://www.gpureview.com/forums/
is a forum for gpu´s

perz

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2006
are u sure the heatsink is seated properly? sounds like a gpu-heatproblem to me. full of dust maybe?

KRa104

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
I actually have found someone else with the exact same problem here. He tried everything imaginable and got no results until he got a new card. Looks like it's a hardware problem, so now I get to RMA the damn thing....
Thanks for the advice along the way though.

Ken

TRENDING THREADS