Choosing between 4 cases

Arucard

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Ah, I conundrum I experienced recently. Considered three of those (not the Aspire, though), and wound up with a fourth option, the ColerMaster Stacker 830.

Honestly, it depends entirely on what you want in a case. Each have their good and bad points. Is there anything specific you want? lots of drive bays? Excellent cooling? Complete silence?

It might - just might - help if you told us what your needs/wants were for your case purchase. How many internal/external bays, what you're installing, where's the case going to be placed, how often do you work in the case, what will you be installing, what PSU will you be using. If you just link to a few cases, then it almost becomes a recommendation on aesthetics - that's a personal decision.

ashrym

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Ah, Sorry. I guess I was just asking about the general quality of the cases. Alright -- my case is going to have to set atop my cheap office table. Cooling comes first, silence 2nd. I believe I have around a 450 watt Antec PSU that i'll be porting over. The rest of my computer specs are as follows: Asus P4C800 Deluxe, 2.6 Ghz P4, (2x1gb) OCZ EL, (upgrading to 6800 GS or 7800 GS). A huge ammount of drive bays isn't needed.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
newegg only has 532's i think

also

P180 warps
Armor is heavy/big
Xnavigator isnt for work...kinda...flashy?...also built pretty cheaply
Lexa is a decent case

532 would be more budget friendly

take a look at the gigabyte 3D aurora

Breman

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
Xnavigator isnt for work...kinda...flashy?...also built pretty cheaply

I just recently built two systems useing them and, I'd have to dissagre with that on most parts of the case.

I'll give it to you that the drive bays could use a little work... ok more like a good bit of work. The two back 80mm fans snap in via a retaning clip system that I don't nessarely care for.

Also it is a vary flashy case, and I would not want it at my desk in a production envorment. Now if your locked in a back room I'd say go for it.

And the cooling advantegs of the case well out weigh the flaws, in my OPION(or how ever its spelt). With the 120mm fan blowing over the graphics card I have yet to see it go over 55c after long hours of gameing.

Now it does come in a Steel version, which I'd gusse is quit heavy, but it only uses an 80mm fan on the side, with a 120mm in back.

I hope that help, and didn't confuse you any more then nessary.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
yes i agree u cant spell im doin a better job (no offense)

by yah the X-Navigator is pretty goob..heard many bad things about the doors but it has alot of 3.5in drive bays

also with all those fans it'll be noisy, and VERY VERY VERY dusty. No dust filters

the armor is truly a nice case..wee bit big for my tastes but supposedly bullet proof

another good case for work, Antec TX 1088AMG or TX 1050B (1088 comes with better PSU). its sleek, supposedly bullet proof too and if u dont care for the door it'll serve u for life (all this quoted from a post on this site) has cooling like the X-Navigator u can remove the CPU duct and put a 120mm fan if needed, 2 x 80mm in front, 1 x 120mm in back, and 1 x 80mm over VGA, front has dust filters everything else should be set to exaust

Breman

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
yes i agree u cant spell im doin a better job (no offense)

None taken, I know I can't spell... never past a single spelling test in my life, so it'd be pointless to take offense.

also with all those fans it'll be noisy, and VERY VERY VERY dusty. No dust filters

It's not realy all that loud, except under heavy load. While doing normal office work(word, excel, and Access) and other non video intensive work i.e. gameing. The noisest thing in the case in the psu.

As far as dust goes, I don't know yet. since I've only had the sytem for a short time, but it's good to know as both i and my client own a dog(not as bad as cat thought)...

I live in a small town with a univirsty, but have yet to see an TT Armor in person, but they look like nice cases.

As for the Antech cases you've listed they look quite nice.

1. If you would have actually clicked on the link that I provided for the RC-531, then you would have seen that Newegg does sell it. :roll:

2. Although I love Newegg as much as the next guy, they are not the only good e-tailer for PC and electronics.

bobbknight

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
I like the Antec case you have picked.
I have 2 Antec lanboys and a Cooler Master Wave Master.
I like antec because of better customer service, The trays the hold the hard drives, I sent an email for replacement for two that I lost and they sent them to me no cost.
My Antec cases are quiet, the coolermaster is a tank.

Me from that list I'd go Antec

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
the antec on ur list warps

lots of warping probs on a P180 may want to look into that

armor is a very nice case

did i already mention gigabyte 3d aurora, or a Cooler Master Preaterion (wtf i cant spell it)

the CM has anice removeable tray