Photo quality inkjet paper that you can write on the back ..

Hi there,

Does anyone know of a brand of A4 photo quality inkjet paper that can take
any kind of pen on its reverse. I'm currently using Ilford Smooth Pearl as
it doesn't have the makers name on the back of the paper like HP's own
paper. However, I'm after some paper that is easy to write on the inside of
the card (i.e. the back of the paper). The surface of the back of this paper
is fairly non-porous and the ink from many different types of pens does not
stick well to it (easily smudges even after some drying time, or does not
write clearly). I'm based in the UK.

Thanks!

- Adam.
3 answers Last reply
More about photo quality inkjet paper write back

    Adam Del-Monte wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a brand of A4 photo quality inkjet paper that can
    > take any kind of pen on its reverse. I'm currently using Ilford
    > Smooth Pearl as it doesn't have the makers name on the back of the
    > paper like HP's own paper. However, I'm after some paper that is easy
    > to write on the inside of the card (i.e. the back of the paper). The
    > surface of the back of this paper is fairly non-porous and the ink
    > from many different types of pens does not stick well to it (easily
    > smudges even after some drying time, or does not write clearly). I'm
    > based in the UK.
    > Thanks!
    >
    > - Adam.

    JetTec Instant Dry Gloss will do you - I've used it for years - pack of 50
    for £15 from www.kenborne.com - and it's fantastic. You can't go wrong at
    30p a sheet!
    on salads.

    The double sided greetings card packs from JetTec may be what you need ?
    http://www.aah-haa.com/cgi-bin/inky2/shop.cgi?item=3673jb
    Tony
    --
    Got the picture...Print it. JetTec perfect.
    http://www.aah-haa.com 30% more ink
    "Adam Del-Monte" <may.not.read@virgin.net> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a brand of A4 photo quality inkjet paper that can take
    > any kind of pen on its reverse. I'm currently using Ilford Smooth Pearl as
    > it doesn't have the makers name on the back of the paper like HP's own
    > paper. However, I'm after some paper that is easy to write on the inside
    of
    > the card (i.e. the back of the paper). The surface of the back of this
    paper
    > is fairly non-porous and the ink from many different types of pens does
    not
    > stick well to it (easily smudges even after some drying time, or does not
    > write clearly). I'm based in the UK.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > - Adam.

    I have used Epson glossy paper for greeting cards and printed both sides
    with epson and canon inkjet printers. There are very light epson logos on
    the backside which no one seems to notice. the back will take inkjet
    printing and writing with a pen.

    "Adam Del-Monte" <may.not.read@virgin.net> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a brand of A4 photo quality inkjet paper that can take
    > any kind of pen on its reverse. I'm currently using Ilford Smooth Pearl as
    > it doesn't have the makers name on the back of the paper like HP's own
    > paper. However, I'm after some paper that is easy to write on the inside
    > of the card (i.e. the back of the paper). The surface of the back of this
    > paper is fairly non-porous and the ink from many different types of pens
    > does not stick well to it (easily smudges even after some drying time, or
    > does not write clearly). I'm based in the UK.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > - Adam.

Printers Photo Inkjet Peripherals