# of fonts

I've been downloading new fonts and adding them to
through the control panel/fonts folder without problem. I
have 377 total now (I'm an avid scrapbooker) and am not
able to add more. Is there a limit to the number of fonts
allowed? tx.
2 answers Last reply
More about fonts

    I sort of answered my own question. I talked to online
    assistance, who mentioned there does not appear to be a
    limit to the number of fonts and recommended adding RAM;
    he also recommended manually adding each font. This
    worked. So after the file is unzipped, open its folder
    and copy or drag the new font to the control panel / font
    folder. This installs the new font without having to use
    the file / install new font procedure.

    Thru the Control Panel Fonts folder? There is no limit, except for the size of
    your harddrive. You can add all you want by using Windows Explorer:
    Start/All Programs/Accessories/Windows Explorer and copy and paste all
    your want to the C:\Windows\Fonts directory. Some fonts are default by
    applications you have installed. XP basically has about 130 fonts. You may
    be
    trying to add duplicates. 377 is more than anyone could ever use.

    "Lindsey K." wrote:

    > I've been downloading new fonts and adding them to
    > through the control panel/fonts folder without problem. I
    > have 377 total now (I'm an avid scrapbooker) and am not
    > able to add more. Is there a limit to the number of fonts
    > allowed? tx.

Control Panel Microsoft Windows XP