[SOLVED] Epson Printer "offline" MacBook Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARYMB

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
Hello,
I have an Epson Stylus Office 305FX, and a MacBook Pro. I have downloaded all drives etc, it has printed but now it says "offline" and I've tried everything. It has been giving me problems from start getting it to read wi-fi but it eventually worked. Can anyone help ?

Solution
Got sorted folks, I bought an USB cable and that solved the problem. It seems that wi-fi Mac and printer is not always reliable. Just need the wires. thanks for the help

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

System Preferences-->Print & Scan (or similar depending on OSX version). Try adding the printer again manually on that screen (admin login, click '+' button, navigate to printer and select). If you can't find the printer, it's not on your network.
WiFi devices can be finicky, ethernet will be more reliable. I also have my network printers & scanners on static IP addresses to help mitigate the kind of problem you are experiencing.

MARYMB

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012

MARYMB

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
Hi
thanks for taking the time to reply, I've tried everything, for days ! I gather you are right that Mac's and printers by wifi can be problematic. I have now resorted to asking someone to come and have a look. So when I get it going I'll let you know the outcome.

Thanks folks MaryMB

MARYMB

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
Got sorted folks, I bought an USB cable and that solved the problem. It seems that wi-fi Mac and printer is not always reliable. Just need the wires. thanks for the help

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.