Verizon V710 bluetooth thru PPC

a b F Wireless
October 15, 2004 2:53:57 PM

Anyone using Verizon Wireless Motorola V710 bluetooth phone to
send/receive email thru PPC?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 15, 2004 2:53:58 PM

I've been doing it successfully with email and surfing for about 2 months now, no problem. There is even a free verizon access number that gives you better than 56k throughput.

nntp://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.pocketpc/<lgovm01raa1s347kir3392ophip5767k2u@4ax.com>

Anyone using Verizon Wireless Motorola V710 bluetooth phone to
send/receive email thru PPC?

[microsoft.public.pocketpc]
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 15, 2004 2:53:58 PM

Verizon chose to disable many of the V710's Bluetooth capabilities. You
might want to check the links I have at...

http://ogasawalrus.com/MobileDot/1094410562/index_html

....for more info on this issue.
--
Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info

"Padre Pia" <noemail@please.com> wrote in message
> Anyone using Verizon Wireless Motorola V710 bluetooth phone to
> send/receive email thru PPC?
a b F Wireless
October 15, 2004 3:23:20 PM

I hven't tried it but I've heard of it working for laptops so it should be
fine for ppc's.

rights...

"Padre Pia" <noemail@please.com> wrote in message
> Anyone using Verizon Wireless Motorola V710 bluetooth phone to
> send/receive email thru PPC?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 16, 2004 3:08:00 AM

I used to like Verizon..... I'm sooooo pissed now!

I wish other carriers has better coverage!

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 07:47:03 -1000, "Todd Ogasawara, MVP Mobile
Devices" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote:

>Verizon chose to disable many of the V710's Bluetooth capabilities. You
>might want to check the links I have at...
>
>http://ogasawalrus.com/MobileDot/1094410562/index_html
>
>...for more info on this issue.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 17, 2004 9:27:50 AM

I think the part about verizon disabling Bluetooth is highly over blown. The only thing that you can't do with the Bluetooth is file transfers. Big deal, I take the memory card out and put in a pc card, no problem. What they do allow is all headset and dial-up networking features. I even use an old sony ericsson headset with it the Motorola phone and the Bluetooth works perfectly. As far as the other features on the phone, the camera is quality is low but will do in a pinch, the voice recognition is amazing, and the sound is pretty good when you use it as an mp3 player. (Although I use my ipaq for this). I've connect both PC and PocketPC to the internet with it and both work exactly as you would expect, and when you use the verizon access number #777 with the free account and password, you get better than 56k speeds. Not to mention the best coverage nationwide. What more could you want, even if they have disable the file transfers it is still by far the best thing going.

nntp://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.pocketpc/<l141n0ph7cpikg33itbfq072ocufq5nito@4ax.com>

I used to like Verizon..... I'm sooooo pissed now!

I wish other carriers has better coverage!

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 07:47:03 -1000, "Todd Ogasawara, MVP Mobile
Devices" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote:

>Verizon chose to disable many of the V710's Bluetooth capabilities. You
>might want to check the links I have at...
>
>http://ogasawalrus.com/MobileDot/1094410562/index_html
>
>...for more info on this issue.

[microsoft.public.pocketpc]
!