bottleneck problem?

stevethecarr

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
Hey, I just upgraded my vid card...first I bought a BFG 6200oc which improved upon my chaintech mx440. After some research I found the 6200 isnt all that great so I returned it and bought an asus 6600gt. After putting this in I am seeing no performance increase or graphic increase what so ever. I run DOD:S at about 25 fps and thats what I average on most games. I'm running a gigabyte GA-8SR533 mobo with 2 ghz p4 1 gig of ram 80 gig hard drive and the 6600gt...Any help would be much appreciated....I should be able to run games faster than this! This is with setting on med-high and I have tried turning off AA and AF and changing the settings to "high performance" in the graphics card to no avail....Help me!

Ian

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2004
:lol:

Haha

Yeah, but he is saying he gets no performance increase over a 6200... Something has got to be wrong.

stevethecarr

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
right, I know it's not the greatest of all cards but I feel that I should be able to run games better than this.... how do I check/adjust the agp aperature size?

Ian

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2004
In your BIOS. But it really shouldn't make a difference like that, it would be more responsible for crashes if it was set wrong. I don't know why I suggested checking it, I guess it can't hurt.

Hmm... what kinda of core and memory frequencies do you see in your display adapter properties.

uber_g

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006
if u play in a server with a crap load of people your Fps is going to drop -alot

also dont have any other Apps running in the backround , AIM MSN - itunes

defrag

i know for shure it aint your system

i ran DOD:S on an AMD barton core 8O
90-fps Average
with the same card

and be shure your power supply with hadle it No lower then a 350watt

450 watt is optimum

:D

stevethecarr

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
I can't seen to find anything that shows memory or core speeds.....where do I look for that? Another thing I recently noticed, when I go to advanced settings in the display properties I went to adapter then properties and it says "location: PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0" but on the graphics card tab it says "AGP 4X".