Sign in with
Your question

overclocking palermo processors

Last response: in Overclocking
April 4, 2006 3:03:14 AM

im asking a very noob question here; how to overclock a palermo 1.4ghz withouth toucing the bios.(since my bios didnt provide any option to overclock at all). any recommended software that i can overclock in windows?
April 4, 2006 3:22:29 AM

you're screwed! xD

nope, seriously, I dunno, depends on your mobo, check if clockgenerator supports it (the same site of cpu-z), if its supported, then you're not screwed after all, but forget the "change to a higher multiplier" idea

Im pretty sure that there is lotta software that does that.....wouldnt hurt to look @ majorgeeks.com
April 7, 2006 5:15:32 PM

I think he means the S754 palermo processors.....if not, good finding on the 462 pinmod, I've found it all over the net, but nothing for 754 :( , crap...
April 13, 2006 12:40:57 PM

Quote:
im asking a very noob question here; how to overclock a palermo 1.4ghz withouth toucing the bios.(since my bios didnt provide any option to overclock at all). any recommended software that i can overclock in windows?

There is a very little possibility that you can overclock your Semrpon 2500+ s754 without changing settings in bios.
It depends wha motherboard you have. If it is with nVIDIA nForce3/nForce4 northbridge chipset, well there is a little possibility. You can try ith nTune and nv System Utility. Anyway there are utils for overclocking and monitoring coming with most motherboards.
You will have to raise the CPU clock speed, becouse your CPU has the multiplier bothsides locked.
I think you won't get far, there are some settings that will limit your system before the CPU it self: the chipset with the exceded HTT speed, the DDR modules speed, the CPU voltage needed for greater CPU clock, the PCIe(AGP)/PCI clock(if not set to be asymetric if the mainboard have this ability).
Give up without going to BIOS
Related resources
!