bigsby

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Hey, I'm helping another of my friends (also happens to be kinda my boss) with a computer upgrade and I need a bit of help.

He has an older Dell Dimension 3000 with a 2.8 gigahertz pentium 4, non HT (d'uh). He want's to get a new case and motherboard for his computer because his mobo right now only has integrated graphics and no pci-e or agp so he can't get a good graphics card for it, and I think it runs on old RD-RAM which is both rediculously expensive (like 2-3 hundred bucks for a 512 upgrade, and this is the crappy stuff) and has lots of bottlenecks.

I was wondering what socket the pentium is and if anyone knows a good motherboard for it, one that has either agp or hopefully pci-e, possibly a cheap case as well, nothing too fancy or huge 'cause he doesn't overclock or anything, he just wants to do some lighter gaming.

Thanks in advance.

bigsby

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
alright thanks on that. I've checked on motherboards for his computer and I want to know how you guys think about this one.

Asus P4S8X-MX Motherboard

There aren't really any bad things that people say about it and it's a cheap motherboard. My friend isn't gonna do any overclocking at all or do much actually, he just wants a cheap mobo that has a vid card slot and can hold more than 512 of ram so I think this one is pretty good.