Round the world planning

Last response: in Video Games
June 25, 2005 2:33:04 AM

I've been using FS in it's various formats for several years and now fly
online. I'm hoping to start a Round the World trip using a Cessna Caravan
(Feeltheres' model).

I'm thinking of using FSNav, but what is the 'normal route' (if there is
one). Would be starting from my home airfield in UK (Cumbernauld in
Scotland).

Any tips or pointers to websites relating to such a trip would be
appreciated.

Thanks

Clive

More about : round world planning

June 27, 2005 11:56:10 AM

Clive wrote:
> I've been using FS in it's various formats for several years and now fly
> online. I'm hoping to start a Round the World trip using a Cessna Caravan
> (Feeltheres' model).
>
> I'm thinking of using FSNav, but what is the 'normal route' (if there is
> one). Would be starting from my home airfield in UK (Cumbernauld in
> Scotland).
>
> Any tips or pointers to websites relating to such a trip would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Clive

I don't know about official routes, but, I'm currently on a World trip using
Real Air's SF.260. I am just using a cheap Atlas (Colins World Atlas £5.99
from WH Smiths) and FSNav.

Regards
Grimbor
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 5:11:26 PM

Thanks for posting this around the world DC3 flight. The author put
alot of effort into his saga and it's obviously a labor of love.. I've
made several FS9 global circumnavigations, but never in anything as
"low and slow" as the DC3.
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 7:34:02 PM

My friend and I are in the earlier stages of an around the world flight
in a Pilatus PC12....

http://www.thehopper.org

June 27, 2005 9:08:16 PM

What a ridiculous idea, beers of the world! I think I'll make a flight
called "women of the world". Now that would be a worthwhile trip!