Sign in with
Your question

Stereo Phones not running in Windows 7!!!!

Last response: in Windows 7
April 10, 2011 3:09:08 AM

Hi

I just got a Sony MDR-XD200 which is a Stereo Headphones.

It works perfect with my mobile, but when i try it in PC only 1 headphone runs but the second does not.

I tired it in XP, 7, Vista but same problem, only 1 runs second does not.

I tried changing some settings but was unsuccessful..

Any Help.!
April 10, 2011 1:27:52 PM

any help?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
April 10, 2011 1:33:16 PM

Try another pair of headphone, if this headphone is also one chnnel and your speaker plugged to the back is working stereo, then I think there is a problem with your front panel connection. Check the connection from sound card to front panel. If it is plugged in correctly, the I think the contact in the hole is lose.
m
l
Related resources
April 10, 2011 5:29:47 PM

its not problem of my PC panel, i tired attaching it with Speakers and only 1 headphone works and when i attach my mono headphone of mobile, both works.

I think their needs to be some settings for Stereo Headphones
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
April 11, 2011 12:52:20 AM

Ok lets try diagnostic again. Try to plug your Sony headphone to mp3 or TV, etc to see if the Sony headphone is faulty. If your headphone is faulty, you can return it if it is still under warrenty. If out of warranty you can fix it usually by soldering on a new connection plug, which you can get in radio shack (assume you are American).
m
l
April 14, 2011 9:26:43 AM

Pyree said:
Ok lets try diagnostic again. Try to plug your Sony headphone to mp3 or TV, etc to see if the Sony headphone is faulty. If your headphone is faulty, you can return it if it is still under warrenty. If out of warranty you can fix it usually by soldering on a new connection plug, which you can get in radio shack (assume you are American).

ok first of all :-

I tried those headphones on my Mobile and it is working perfectly, i tried in friend's phone it works perfectly and than i try in my PC or friend's PC only one of them works.

So its problem with only PC, so i think it has something to do with the settings like from mono to stereo mode etc.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
April 14, 2011 11:38:33 AM

I don't see your headphone have any electronic control in it apart from the sound mode switch, from the spec I got from internet. Try plugging your headphone back to your computer. I suspect your headphone is having one of those lose connection between the cable and the plug which is affect only if it is resting in a certain angle. Try to pinch, bend or push in the cable into the plug. If it gives you static on the side that is not working, then you definitely have a doggy plug. Buy a new plug from radio shack and solder it on or replace them in the shop you bought it from if it is still under warranty.
m
l
!