I need help with new built pc

KingofJackals

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
Hi all, ive been a frequenter of the boards but never actually posted or registered..

I recently built a new pc.

specs as follows:

A8R32-MVP Deluxe
Athlon X2 - 4600
Radeon X1900XT
PC3200 OCZ 2X1 gig
Antec EPS12V 550
Zalman bigass fan

The problem is I spent at least 5 hrs putting it together (antec case was nice but very time consuming).

When I fired the pc up I cant for the life of me get the thing to beep. The mobo LED is lit up, the harddrive turned on, the graphics card has power. All fans working including the power supply.

The thing simply will not boot up the bios, no connection between the monitor and pc at all.

I checked the fan, and the pc fan is seated correctly.

I read the Antec EPS12v 550 is designed for servers but it should still run on this motherboard right?

Another problem I am having, but I do not know if its related. With just the power cable in the cdrom it powers on, but when the ribbon is attached to the mobo, no power whatsoever to the cdrom.

I appreciate help and any advice

Remove pwr molex connectors and ribbon cables to all drives, and completely remove video card...

Drop down to a single stick of memory in an approved single stick operation slot...

Double check that your standoffs are positioned correctly in your case underneath correct holes in mainboard, as one extra one will short it out quite quickly...!

Ensure aux cpu power molex is connected to mainboard...

Pwr it on....mainboard should beep constantly because of no video adapter!

(If this is a Crossfire mainboard, does it require any sort of paddle to be installed in the mianboard for routing of PCI-e lanes? Ensure vide card is in correct slot for single stick operation?)

If it does, pwr off atx ps at rear (or remove pwr from ps), and carefully/fully insert video card, and ensure it has a PCI-e pwr input (or via an adapter using two molexs), with no "y" adapters sharing power with drives, etc....

Try again....any luck? (Just looking for a POST display at first, of course)

KingofJackals

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
I cant even get a beep without ram or the video card. I can only guess its a defective board. Shipping it back to newegg.. sigh.

I just hope its not the pc, because I have to go through the manufacturer for that...

Dav678

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
i finally found someone with the same exact problems as me.. i have that problem with the display and with the cd/dvd drive... if you did anything to resolve the issue and it worked please let me know.. if you got a new motherboard and then everything worked let me know also because then im guessing the problem would be the motherboard... please let me know thanks.

Dav678

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
i had the same problem and i switched the psu which i didnt think could be the problem since it was brand new, and everything worked.. u should give it a try