Best $600 I never spent:

TabrisDarkPeace

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
Yeah, Conroe available on eBay, before AM2.

That or Intel did a total backflip, even on marketting.

Even though AM2 will be out mid May, and Conroe is looking like a early Q2 2006 release now. Instead of October.

Stockpilies might be lower though, until Q3 2006, but the prices would still be cost effective against AMD... this time.

Dark times ahead for AMD.

RichPLS

Champion
I bet it is genuine, and very close, maybe built better than shipping ones due to personal controlled and monitored manufactureing on a small scale.

Also, Eng samples and multiplyer unlocked, so that chip is any speed you can run it at...

RichPLS

Champion
And $600 is a f'n steal!
I bet the 1.86GHz is just what mobo recognized it as since it is unlocked, but I suspect it will run 2.67GHz just setting the multipyer.

JackRyan

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004
Actually, I didn't know they were going to make Conroes that SLOOOW
Lol, AMD names their 2GHz "3200+", maybe Intel should name their Conroes accordingly, like "3200+/A2000+" for the 1.86? ;)

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Sweet!
Now MMM can not say where is Conroe!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
BTW, where is AM2? 8O

Somebody's obsessed.... :roll:

1 processor...even if it's real....WOOT! That's a ton man....wow....they're flooding the market ahead of time....yeehaah!!

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

DragonDoc

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
What good is it if the motherboards are not available (Im sure thats the next thing they will offer to sell on ebay). Sure not the real thing. Ive seen people get things from ebay only to find out its not the real thing (Advertise Athlon64 4000+ and get it and it's only a socket A 2800+ (OEM)). $600 is alot of money for something that will not work.

My opinion only. :wink:
Buyer Beware :oops: