How to check a location of a opened pdf

smalltech

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Hello, I have opened a pdf on my desktop a few days ago and I do not know where is the file saved at, is there a way to check where is the pdf saved in my pc? I am using Adobe reader 9

Thanks

Solution
Open the pdf in adobe, on the top bar go (file>properties) the location where you save the file should be on the description tab. You can click on the location and the folder where the file is stored will open (I tried this on Adobe 10 so it may not work on adobe 9).

smalltech

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009

Yes, but the filename is too long and it has a lot of ... in the file names. It does not show the full location that it was opened

smalltech

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009

I mean I saved the pdf file in some folder but I forgot where it is saved. Then I opened the pdf from the folder a few days ago and I closed the folder. The pdf is left open on my desktop

Open the pdf in adobe, on the top bar go (file>properties) the location where you save the file should be on the description tab. You can click on the location and the folder where the file is stored will open (I tried this on Adobe 10 so it may not work on adobe 9).

Solution

smalltech

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009

It does not display the location full path if the file is saved in a sub folder with long name, but it works because I can click on the location and go to the folder itself.