Informal poll: do you Sim while drinking alcoholic bev?

How about an informal poll.. do you Sim while drinking alcohol?

a) never.. b) seldom.. c) about 50/50.. d) always... add your
own category.

For me.. it's `seldom'. Am too busy during Sim flights and need
ALL of faculties. It's an immersive experience. Do you post on
newsgroup while drinking alcoholic bev? :)

-G
44 answers Last reply
More about informal poll drinking alcoholic

    Gregory wrote:
    >Do you post on
    > newsgroup while drinking alcoholic bev? :)

    Only drink if I'm alone or with somebody...................

    "Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message

    > How about an informal poll.. do you Sim while drinking alcohol?
    >
    > a) never.. b) seldom.. c) about 50/50.. d) always... add your
    > own category.
    >
    > For me.. it's `seldom'. Am too busy during Sim flights and need
    > ALL of faculties. It's an immersive experience. Do you post on
    > newsgroup while drinking alcoholic bev? :)
    >

    > -G

    "B" with the proviso that alcohol only be administered during unusual
    attitude recovery.

    I thought that's why we sim...soes we can fly with a beer in one hand.
    Can't do IRL.

    Mr. Steve

    "Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message

    > How about an informal poll.. do you Sim while drinking alcohol?
    >
    > a) never.. b) seldom.. c) about 50/50.. d) always... add your
    > own category.
    >
    > For me.. it's `seldom'. Am too busy during Sim flights and need
    > ALL of faculties. It's an immersive experience. Do you post on
    > newsgroup while drinking alcoholic bev? :)
    >

    > -G

    I never drink any liquids when I am near my computer. My old haands are just
    not steady enough.

    Cheers
    Quilljar

    Try 'Living With Technology' magazine and learn about steady hands
    http://www.livtech.co.uk

    Quilljar,

    Do they make an adult model (not x-rated just bigger) sippy cup?

    Quilljar wrote:
    > I never drink any liquids when I am near my computer. My old haands are just
    > not steady enough.

    But you fly planes! :-) :-)

    Those poor Sim passengers.....

    John

    Gregory wrote:

    > How about an informal poll.. do you Sim while drinking alcohol?
    >
    > a) never.. b) seldom.. c) about 50/50.. d) always... add your
    > own category.

    A. unless (prescribed) narcotics count as an intoxicant.

    --

    boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    The Man Behind The Curtain wrote:
    > Quilljar wrote:
    >> I never drink any liquids when I am near my computer. My old haands
    >> are just not steady enough.
    >
    > But you fly planes! :-) :-)
    >
    > Those poor Sim passengers.....

    Yeah, and I don't drink while flying IRL either! And the trim system was
    made for shaky handed pilots!

    --
    Cheers
    Quilljar

    Try 'Living With Technology' magazine it keeps your hand steady.
    http://www.livtech.co.uk

    "Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message

    > How about an informal poll.. do you Sim while drinking alcohol?
    >
    > a) never.. b) seldom.. c) about 50/50.. d) always...

    c.) 50/50 - That goes for racing sims as well...

    d) always... if it's night time.

    I always have a glass of fine Cabernet Sauvignon within easy reach.

    Interesting note: I recall drinking several glasses of some hard liquor one
    night and my flying went all to hell. It proves two things: 1) Flying is
    much harder than driving a car. 2) There's a reason they don't want you to
    drink and fly.

    hic...

    Dallas

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 23:08:01 GMT, "Dallas"
    <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our
    attention:

    >d) always... if it's night time.
    >
    >I always have a glass of fine Cabernet Sauvignon within easy reach.
    >
    >Interesting note: I recall drinking several glasses of some hard liquor one
    >night and my flying went all to hell. It proves two things: 1) Flying is
    >much harder than driving a car. 2) There's a reason they don't want you to
    >drink and fly.
    >
    >hic...

    you have a bottle of Cabinet Swignun nearby FS?

    >Dallas

    What about you Gregory? I suspect you're drunk all the time.... <G>

    Dallas

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 23:09:18 GMT, "Dallas"
    <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our
    attention:

    >What about you Gregory? I suspect you're drunk all the time.... <G>

    Nope.. already told you - seldom.. but that doesn't include 90+ degF
    days like today!! Not going to Sim until later anyway.. maybe out of
    Tucson AZ with hot OAT. We see how the JT8D's run in the heat!!

    -Gregory

    >Dallas

    Believe it or not, I'm an abstainer. Not a moral reason.....my morals went
    out the window years ago. More like a medical one.
    Maybe being abstainer is what makes me testy sometimes.....but at least I
    can fly straight......or better still, find the autopilot and let IT fly
    straight. : )

    Arthur

    Gregory wrote:
    > How about an informal poll.. do you Sim while drinking alcohol?
    >
    > a) never.. b) seldom.. c) about 50/50.. d) always´

    a) never
    [because of my self-esteem, since I disrespect drunk people.-]
    Regards
    Günter, Germany ,Bavaria, the Land of Beer

    On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 07:47:03 +0200, Günter Mangold
    <guenter.mangold@t-online.de> brought the following to our attention:

    >Gregory wrote:
    >> How about an informal poll.. do you Sim while drinking alcohol?
    >>
    >> a) never.. b) seldom.. c) about 50/50.. d) always´
    >
    >a) never
    >[because of my self-esteem, since I disrespect drunk people.-]
    >Regards -Günter, Germany ,Bavaria, the Land of Beer

    Good policy Gunter.. and probably not the best idea to drink tall
    bottles of Bud and then post on Usenet.. could be embarrassing!

    however got in a 1.8hr flight later in the evening.. from New Mexico
    to Ontario California in FedEx 722. HOT air temps in the 90F range.

    So apologies to the group - and don't drink and fly!!

    -G

    "Günter Mangold"
    > a) never
    > [because of my self-esteem, since I disrespect drunk people.-]

    Too bad... several recent studies indicate that non drinkers have a shorter
    life expectancy compared to those that drink a glass of wine everyday.

    Dallas
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Dallas wrote:

    > Too bad... several recent studies indicate that non drinkers have a
    > shorter life expectancy compared to those that drink a glass of wine
    > everyday.

    Reminds me of my step-fathers mother, late 80's, still living in an
    apartment, the kids (in their 60's) suggested she have a glass of wine
    everyday to help digestion and sleep better, so they got her a big jug of
    Rose. Came back a week later and it was gone. Mother, we said one glass a
    day! That's all I had, she replied. Come to find out she was using an old
    peanut butter jar for a glass......... Finally died @ 104.....
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Has to be RED wine. White wine won't do the job. The chemicals in the skin
    of the grapes used to make red wine help the heart and one glass a day is
    suggested.
    Personally, I have to opt for eating red grapes, which I really love frozen.
    For a hot weather treat, get a big bunch of seedless red grapes, wash them
    and put them in a baggie. Then but the baggie in the freezer and wait til
    the grapes freeze. Honestly gang, you won't find a more refreshing summer
    treat when you bite into one of these. Just make sure you don't have any
    cavities or you'll pass out with pain.

    Arthur

    > "Günter Mangold"
    >> a) never
    >> [because of my self-esteem, since I disrespect drunk people.-]
    >
    > Too bad... several recent studies indicate that non drinkers have a
    > shorter
    > life expectancy compared to those that drink a glass of wine everyday.
    >
    > Dallas

  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 16:30:38 GMT, "Dallas"
    <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote:

    >"Günter Mangold"
    >> a) never
    >> [because of my self-esteem, since I disrespect drunk people.-]
    >
    >Too bad... several recent studies indicate that non drinkers have a shorter
    >life expectancy compared to those that drink a glass of wine everyday.
    >
    >Dallas

    hmm....how about a crate of beer a day...that good for ya ? I can
    still fly......but dont need no planes....

    Mark B

    **Remove spam alternative to mail***
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Arthur"
    > Personally, I have to opt for eating red grapes, which I really love
    frozen.

    Too many carbohydrates, you'll wind up with type II diabetes. :-)

    Dallas
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Yeeeahhhhh......you're absolutely right Big D......but it's SOOOOOOOOO worth
    it!! : )

    Arthur

    > "Arthur"
    >> Personally, I have to opt for eating red grapes, which I really love
    > frozen.
    >
    > Too many carbohydrates, you'll wind up with type II diabetes. :-)
    >

    > Dallas

  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:38:36 -0400, Gregory wrote:

    > How about an informal poll.. do you Sim while drinking alcohol?
    >
    > a) never.. b) seldom.. c) about 50/50.. d) always... add your
    > own category.

    All of the above. :-)

    No such thing as Sim Police, they couldn't pull me over even if they did
    exist, with "crash detection" on one can do anything and still come out
    smiling and finally.....the way some of those AI pilots fly one can only
    think they've had a few virtual shots!

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    (Mmmmmm.....beer and doughnuts. - Homer Simpson)

    On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 09:20:39 -0400, Gregory wrote:

    > Good policy Gunter.. and probably not the best idea to drink tall
    > bottles of Bud and then post on Usenet.. could be embarrassing!

    This thread is about 'alcoholic' beverages, Greg.....Bud is nothing more
    than a step up from A&W Root Beer or Dr. Pepper.
    So stay on topic. :-)

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    (I'm quite beside myself...- C3PO)

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 00:29:46 +0200, Marcel Kuijper
    <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> brought the following:

    >On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 09:20:39 -0400, Gregory wrote:
    >
    >> Good policy Gunter.. and probably not the best idea to drink tall
    >> bottles of Bud and then post on Usenet.. could be embarrassing!

    >This thread is about 'alcoholic' beverages, Greg...Bud is nothing
    >more than a step up from A&W Root Beer or Dr. Pepper.
    >So stay on topic. :-)

    Are you saying Budweiser is like soda pop? then how come I felt
    so lousy later on after a six rack? Sure tasted good going down
    on a hot afternoon. Maybe should switch to Becks?

    :)

    -Gregory
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Lawn Dart"
    > Someday, our silly lawmakers may come to their senses and
    > decide to re-legalize my preferred enhancement.

    Given the Supreme Court's recent ruling on medical marijuana you might have
    to wait a long time.

    Dallas
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 06:39:57 GMT, "Dallas"
    <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote:

    >"Lawn Dart"
    >> Someday, our silly lawmakers may come to their senses and
    >> decide to re-legalize my preferred enhancement.
    >
    >Given the Supreme Court's recent ruling on medical marijuana you might have
    >to wait a long time.
    >

    >Dallas

    Got to keep those liquor people in business......
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message
    > I have been known, however, to still enjoy the occasional herbal
    > enhancement, and this can occur while simming as well (and while
    > paddling my kayak, or riding my bicycle, or walking on the beach,
    > etc.). Someday, our silly lawmakers may come to their senses and
    > decide to re-legalize my preferred enhancement. I hope it's sooner
    > rather than later, as I'm tired of being an "outlaw" just for
    > enjoying a bit of "God given" spiritual/emotional/intellectual
    > enhancement. :-)

    Perhaps we should start calling you Grass Dart :)

    Chris
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 19:46:12 -0700, Lawn Dart
    <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> brought the following to our
    attention:

    >Hi Gregory,
    >
    >On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:38:36 -0400, you wrote:
    >
    >> How about an informal poll.. do you Sim while drinking alcohol?
    >
    >> a) never.. b) seldom.. c) about 50/50.. d) always...
    >
    >> add your own category.

    >Though I do enjoy the occasional glass of wine with dinner, or a cold
    >ale (Belgian, of course!) on a hot summer day now and again, I hardly
    >ever keep any alcoholic beverages in the house...unless I'm expecting
    >guests who might enjoy it.

    Hi Melissa.. CoPilot Tweetie also likes to have a few beers. After
    getting through baggage claim we stop at the package store and
    she often picks up a 12-pak! Other times I buy. It usually lasts us
    a couple days. Tweets likes to have fun all right and can perhaps
    drink some of these guys `under the table'.. all 128 lbs of her. :)

    http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/CoPiTwt-sm.jpg (56k)

    -Gregory
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    > Perhaps we should start calling you Grass Dart :)
    >
    > Chris
    LOL!!.. .then there was this Ms Corby the young Aussie girl who got 20 years
    imprisonment this month for having the "God given"
    spiritual/emotional/intellectual enhancement in her luggage!!

    Butts
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    donbutts wrote:
    >> Perhaps we should start calling you Grass Dart :)
    >>
    >> Chris
    > LOL!!.. .then there was this Ms Corby the young Aussie girl who got
    > 20 years imprisonment this month for having the "God given"
    > spiritual/emotional/intellectual enhancement in her luggage!!
    >
    > Butts

    DR B
    Where's Dr. Timothy Leary when ya need him........
    DR P
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "donbutts"
    > LOL!!.. .then there was this Ms Corby the young Aussie girl who got 20
    years
    > imprisonment

    Yeah, what's the inside scoop on that over there? Was she smuggling dope,
    or was she set up?

    Is it a done deal now, has she got the 20 years?

    Dallas
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Lawn Dart wrote:

    > Oh well, call me "grass dart" if you wish, but I still like "lawn
    > dart"! :-)
    >
    > - --
    > Melissa

    Nahh It's Lawn Dart.
    --

    boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    To reply privately, get rid of PuPPYmillS
    akita_77PuPPYmillS@yahoo.com
    (akita_77-note the underscore)
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Lawn Dart"
    > I still have questions about the possibility of her actually being
    > guilty of the smuggling, as I can't imagine a more reckless and inept
    > way to go about it

    Yeah, it just seems too stupid for someone to fill up a surfboard board bag
    with several pounds of grass and try to walk through customs in a country
    where they have the death penalty for drug possession.

    If she was that stupid... then it's better that her gene pool gets stopped
    right there.

    Dallas
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Lawn Dart"

    >> I'll spare the group any further
    > thoughts on these issues unless they are specifically
    > requested...either on or off-list. :-)

    > Melissa

    Hi Melissa
    With an average of about 49, this group can handle anything maturely.
    wink!! From my 1st hand experience I attended a postmortem of a 15 year
    old cannabis smoker who was murdered and the pathologist recorded the fact
    that the kid had the lungs of a 30 year old conventional heavy smoker. I
    also realise you can urinate alcohol out overnight but the THC from one
    joint will last in the system for 30 days. (what's new) :-) The brain even
    changes in appearance with the storage of THC in the fatty tissues. I also
    courted a lovely lady about 15yrs ago-although a astute business woman I
    could not understand her crazy paranoia over little things. She even ran
    for cover at the sound of a helicopter. Found out that she had grown and
    smoked dope for 17 years which accounted why, many months after quitting,
    she behaved in a manner similar to that of those stoned kids that ended up
    in my office back then. Of course the social user who has a couple or so of
    joints a week or so is not in this league and I agree it's a harmless
    activity at this level. Conversely look at the physical damage that
    excessive alcohol can cause. My point is cannabis can be destructive full
    stop.

    Butts
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    "CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
    > donbutts wrote:
    >>> Perhaps we should start calling you Grass Dart :)
    >>>
    >>> Chris
    >> LOL!!.. .then there was this Ms Corby the young Aussie girl who got
    >> 20 years imprisonment this month for having the "God given"
    >> spiritual/emotional/intellectual enhancement in her luggage!!
    >>
    >> Butts
    >
    > DR B
    > Where's Dr. Timothy Leary when ya need him........
    > DR P
    pushing up physic daisies I believe Dr P
    Dr B
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Admirably said girl!! Your IQ is around 100 points higher than mine... must
    stick the stratocaster guitar and Vox amp into the 737and come over for a
    virtual jam sometime perhaps also a discussion on triad theory or sumpin
    :-))
    Don

    "Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message
  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 20:14:24 -0400, Gregory wrote:

    > Are you saying Budweiser is like soda pop? then how come I felt
    > so lousy later on after a six rack? Sure tasted good going down
    > on a hot afternoon. Maybe should switch to Becks?
    >
    > :)

    Beer is a serious matter, young man.
    :-)

    If there's nothing else in the house, and I'm really thristy then yes....I
    won't say no to a Bud or even Heineken for that matter.
    But Bud should not be called "King of Beers". It's arrogant, especially
    since it doesn't live up to that name, and it lacks pizazz.
    Now Coors on the other hand....that goes down well.

    Becks....not a bad little beer, although I've had better German beers.
    Personally I prefer a good, old-fashioned, chilled Grolsch.

    It's hard for a Dutchman to say this, but.... "Beer may have been invented
    by the Egyptians, but it was perfected by the Germans."
    That gives a whole new meaning to "Walk Like An Egyptian", don't it? :-)

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    (Mmmmmm.....beer and doughnuts. - Homer Simpson)
  43. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    don't you realize that you should be using a rickenbacker with that vox!

    I think that the reason for LD's high IQ is the mind expanding stuff. I've
    never done anything to enhance my own IQ but if it were legal and I was not
    in the military I'd probably give it a try. Nothing wrong with responsible
    adults enjoying whatever substance they like as long as they do it
    responsibly.

    "donbutts" <remove.donneybutts@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Admirably said girl!! Your IQ is around 100 points higher than mine...
    > must stick the stratocaster guitar and Vox amp into the 737and come over
    > for a virtual jam sometime perhaps also a discussion on triad theory or
    > sumpin :-))
    > Don
    >
    > "Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message

  44. Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

    Vox, Vox isn't that a Vodka????

    LOL

    Mark G
    Not4wood

    "a" <a@a.com> wrote in message news:HO0xe.13540$2S.13470@fe03.lga...
    > don't you realize that you should be using a rickenbacker with that vox!
    >
    > I think that the reason for LD's high IQ is the mind expanding stuff.
    > I've never done anything to enhance my own IQ but if it were legal and I
    > was not in the military I'd probably give it a try. Nothing wrong with
    > responsible adults enjoying whatever substance they like as long as they
    > do it responsibly.
    >

    > "donbutts" <remove.donneybutts@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Admirably said girl!! Your IQ is around 100 points higher than mine...
    >> must stick the stratocaster guitar and Vox amp into the 737and come over
    >> for a virtual jam sometime perhaps also a discussion on triad theory or
    >> sumpin :-))
    >> Don
    >>
    >> "Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message

Microsoft Video Games