hp designjet 600 (c2848a)

Sorry for my bad english..
Printing is fine, no problems at all with lines and text.. But rasters does
not print out at all..
If there is printed a house, and eaves, and made a little shade under eaves
(just like sun was shining and made a little shadows) it will not print it
at all..
Memory in printer is fine, computer is old 333 mhz, but works with Win98se
and has 64 mb of memory.
Ecp parallel port is used and driver is v4.65 (1995 ?)
Any help ?
4 answers Last reply
More about designjet c2848a

    "Pazi" <pazi@nospampp.inet.fi> wrote in message
    > Sorry for my bad english..
    > Printing is fine, no problems at all with lines and text.. But rasters does
    > not print out at all..
    > If there is printed a house, and eaves, and made a little shade under eaves
    > (just like sun was shining and made a little shadows) it will not print it
    > at all..

    Sorry I do not have an answer, but you might try asking the question in HP's
    Designjet support forum at:
    http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=414

    Regards,

    Designjet 600 is really a plotter, designed for CAD work. Lines and Text,
    it does this best. It will do raster images, but not as well as photo
    printers.

    "Pazi" <pazi@nospampp.inet.fi> wrote in

    > Sorry for my bad english..
    > Printing is fine, no problems at all with lines and text.. But rasters
    > does not print out at all..
    > If there is printed a house, and eaves, and made a little shade under
    > eaves (just like sun was shining and made a little shadows) it will
    > not print it at all..
    > Memory in printer is fine, computer is old 333 mhz, but works with
    > Win98se and has 64 mb of memory.
    > Ecp parallel port is used and driver is v4.65 (1995 ?)
    > Any help ?

    > Designjet 600 is really a plotter, designed for CAD work. Lines and Text,
    > it does this best. It will do raster images, but not as well as photo
    > printers.

    500 and 800 models have same problem, i have heard..
    Some models does those raster images..
    Strange

    > > Sorry for my bad english..
    > > Printing is fine, no problems at all with lines and text.. But rasters
    > > does not print out at all..
    > > If there is printed a house, and eaves, and made a little shade under
    > > eaves (just like sun was shining and made a little shadows) it will
    > > not print it at all..
    > > Memory in printer is fine, computer is old 333 mhz, but works with
    > > Win98se and has 64 mb of memory.
    > > Ecp parallel port is used and driver is v4.65 (1995 ?)
    > > Any help ?

    In article <yUHHd.20$%w5.16@read3.inet.fi>, pazi@nospampp.inet.fi
    says...
    > > Designjet 600 is really a plotter, designed for CAD work. Lines and Text,
    > > it does this best. It will do raster images, but not as well as photo
    > > printers.
    >
    > 500 and 800 models have same problem, i have heard..
    > Some models does those raster images..
    > Strange

    DesignJet's typically don't use PCL. They use HPGL, RTL or PostScript.
    If you are not using the Windows driver, you need to learn a new
    language. HPGL is mainly designed for line drawings. RTL is Raster
    Transfer Language. And PostScript is PostScript.

    law!!
    http://home.att.net/~andyross

Printers Hewlett Packard Designjet Peripherals