Accidently deleted CoTaskMemAlloc

I received a bunch of spyware and tried to delete it by
the add/delete program. I seem to have accidently deleted
the CoTaskMemAlloc. My computer will not complete the
start-up since I get this error message:
"Cannot find procedure entry point cotaskmemalloc in
library ole.32.dll"

I run XP Home. What can I do to fix this?
1 answer Last reply
More about accidently deleted cotaskmemalloc

    Hi,

    You couldn't have deleted that, it is an embedded part of the file
    ole32.dll. The message could indicate that the file is corrupt. Start/run
    sfc /scannow to check the integrity of the system file set (that file has
    several versions, but sfc should pick it up and replace it with the proper
    one).

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Mike" <ndleo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I received a bunch of spyware and tried to delete it by
    > the add/delete program. I seem to have accidently deleted
    > the CoTaskMemAlloc. My computer will not complete the
    > start-up since I get this error message:
    > "Cannot find procedure entry point cotaskmemalloc in
    > library ole.32.dll"
    >
    > I run XP Home. What can I do to fix this?

Windows XP