Accidently deleted CoTaskMemAlloc

September 7, 2004 11:04:01 PM

I received a bunch of spyware and tried to delete it by
the add/delete program. I seem to have accidently deleted
the CoTaskMemAlloc. My computer will not complete the
start-up since I get this error message:
"Cannot find procedure entry point cotaskmemalloc in
library ole.32.dll"

I run XP Home. What can I do to fix this?
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 10:24:30 AM

Hi,

You couldn't have deleted that, it is an embedded part of the file
ole32.dll. The message could indicate that the file is corrupt. Start/run
sfc /scannow to check the integrity of the system file set (that file has
several versions, but sfc should pick it up and replace it with the proper
one).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/