New System - problems

Plese excuse me for coming in here.

I use MS Flightsimulator 2004. It worked well enough on OS Windowns 98.
Recently, however, I had to upgrade to a whole new system. I now have:

SYSTEM

Athlon 64 Processor 3000+ ; 2.00 GHz ; 512 MB RAM ; Windows XP Pro 2002 ; SP
2.

I just use a keyboard for controls.

PROBLEMS

The problems I am encountering are:

Function keys no longer work. The best I can get out of them is

POWER

F1 cuts power. F2 to 4 do nothing

AILERONS

F5 retracts. F6 to 8 do nothing

DIFFERENTIAL BRAKES/STEERING ON GROUND

F11 & F 12 don't work. This makes operating taildraggers on ground
impossible.

Can anyone suggest any solutions, please. All help much appreciated, and
thanks in advance!
2 answers Last reply
More about system problems

    You are welcome here David and although I can't help you there are plenty
    who can. All I can say is that you won't, in the end, regret chaanging up to
    Win XP!

    Cheers
    Quilljar

    Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
    http://www.livtech.co.uk

    Go through all your key assignments and check they are what you want,though
    I have a feeling this is a hardware issue.
    Are you using a new keyboard that has a function lock?

    "David Monks" <dmon1@tiscali.fr> wrote in message
    > Plese excuse me for coming in here.

    > I use MS Flightsimulator 2004. It worked well enough on OS Windowns 98.
    > Recently, however, I had to upgrade to a whole new system. I now have:
    >
    > SYSTEM
    >
    > Athlon 64 Processor 3000+ ; 2.00 GHz ; 512 MB RAM ; Windows XP Pro 2002 ;
    > SP 2.
    >
    > I just use a keyboard for controls.
    >

    > PROBLEMS
    >
    > The problems I am encountering are:
    >
    > Function keys no longer work. The best I can get out of them is
    >

    > POWER
    >
    > F1 cuts power. F2 to 4 do nothing
    >

    > AILERONS
    >
    > F5 retracts. F6 to 8 do nothing
    >

    > DIFFERENTIAL BRAKES/STEERING ON GROUND
    >
    > F11 & F 12 don't work. This makes operating taildraggers on ground
    > impossible.
    >

    > Can anyone suggest any solutions, please. All help much appreciated, and
    > thanks in advance!

Video Games