New System - problems

Plese excuse me for coming in here.

I use MS Flightsimulator 2004. It worked well enough on OS Windowns 98.
Recently, however, I had to upgrade to a whole new system. I now have:

SYSTEM

Athlon 64 Processor 3000+ ; 2.00 GHz ; 512 MB RAM ; Windows XP Pro 2002 ; SP
2.

I just use a keyboard for controls.

PROBLEMS

The problems I am encountering are:

Function keys no longer work. The best I can get out of them is

POWER

F1 cuts power. F2 to 4 do nothing

AILERONS

F5 retracts. F6 to 8 do nothing

DIFFERENTIAL BRAKES/STEERING ON GROUND

F11 & F 12 don't work. This makes operating taildraggers on ground
impossible.

Can anyone suggest any solutions, please. All help much appreciated, and
thanks in advance!

You are welcome here David and although I can't help you there are plenty
who can. All I can say is that you won't, in the end, regret chaanging up to
Win XP!

Cheers
Quilljar

Try 'Living With Technology' magazine
http://www.livtech.co.uk

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Go through all your key assignments and check they are what you want,though
I have a feeling this is a hardware issue.
Are you using a new keyboard that has a function lock?