I WANT REAL CESSNA A 152 FOR FS2004

HEY GUYS CAN ANY BODY HELP ME BY TELLING THAT WHERE CAN I GET A NEW
CESSNA A 152 FOR FS 2004 FOR MY TRAINING FOR FREE.

OR CAN ANY BODY TELL ME WHAT ALL TOOLS R REQUIRED TO BUILD COZ I AM A
REAL WORL PILOT TRAINEE !!

THANKZ

"amangill" <amangill@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
> HEY GUYS CAN ANY BODY HELP ME BY TELLING THAT WHERE CAN I GET A NEW
> CESSNA A 152 FOR FS 2004 FOR MY TRAINING FOR FREE.
>

> OR CAN ANY BODY TELL ME WHAT ALL TOOLS R REQUIRED TO BUILD COZ I AM A
> REAL WORL PILOT TRAINEE !!
>
> THANKZ

Amazing how he is allowed to fly a Cessna but can't work out where capslock
is

"amangill" <amangill@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
> HEY GUYS CAN ANY BODY HELP ME BY TELLING THAT WHERE CAN I GET A NEW
> CESSNA A 152 FOR FS 2004 FOR MY TRAINING FOR FREE.
>

> OR CAN ANY BODY TELL ME WHAT ALL TOOLS R REQUIRED TO BUILD COZ I AM A
> REAL WORL PILOT TRAINEE !!
>
> THANKZ

http://www.carenado.com/html/freeairplanes.php3

152 II Free version

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 16:39:38 GMT, Dallas wrote:

> "amangill"
>>FOR FREE.
>
> If you are spending $10,000-$12,000 to learn to fly, I would think you would
> be willing to pay for a good C152.

What part of the word FREE did you misunderstand, D? ;-)

If someone says he wants a free car, do you show him where the nearest
Cadillac dealership is? You Texans....you're all alike!

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(It's a NIGHTMAAAARE!!! - C3PO)

dallas

"Marcel Kuijper"
> If someone says he wants a free car, do you show him where the nearest
> Cadillac dealership is? You Texans....you're all alike!

Yeah.... upscale.

:)

Dallas

"Clive" <someone@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> THANKZ
>>
> http://www.carenado.com/html/freeairplanes.php3
>
> 152 II Free version

This free download from Carendo is for FS2000 and FS2002. How well does it
work with FS2004?

--
peter greenstein
http://wakefieldjazz.com/

Dallas wrote:

> If you are spending $10,000-$12,000 to learn to fly, I would think you would
> be willing to pay for a good C152.

In the US, the cost for primary instruction (recall that an instrument
rating is separate) is not US $10-12,000, especially if the student is
learning in a C152. Realistically, completing training in a C152 is
more like US $5,500 - $6,500.

Taking lessons at a US school near a large city that offers the
absolute latest model C172 with Garmin G1000 cockpit would probably be
around US $9,000 - $10,000.

This reality check was brought to you by the goodness of Hostess
Twinkies.

--
Peter

Dallas wrote:
> "Marcel Kuijper"
>
>>If someone says he wants a free car, do you show him where the nearest
>>Cadillac dealership is? You Texans....you're all alike!
>

> Yeah.... upscale.
>

> :)
>
> Dallas

shouldn't that be copy and paste. Cut removes form system.

Mike

Dallas wrote:

> Hum.. thanks for that... somehow in my mind I was sure it was $10K. $6K is
> not that bad... (stroking chin in consideration)..

Here's the breakdown: Despite the FAA requiring 40 hours before
qualifying to take the PPL checkride, most students usually take 50 to
60 hours to become competent enough to take the exam.

So, assuming 30 hours with an instructor, 25 hours solo (that's 55
hours total), a cost of $85/hr for the airplane (probably too high an
estimate for a C152), and $35/hr for the instructor:

30 x 120 (aircraft plus instructor) = $3,600
25 x 85 (solo) = $2,125

Ground School (PC-based CD-ROM course): $300
Class III Medical/Student Pilot License: $100
PPL Written Exam: $95
PPL Checkride: $250 or more, depending on the examiner, who is allowed
to charge anything
Headsets: $150 or significantly more or less, depending on model and
features.

Total: Approx: $6,600

If you are really good, perhaps you could shave $800 or so off this
total by getting competent with less hours (but still over 40).

> My problem with getting a PPL is, what am I going to do with it in Texas?
> Go out and buy $125 hamburgers?

Texas is a large state. Driving around takes days. You can fly to the
beach, fly to California, fly north to cool off, or do what you Texans
do to live up to your motto. :)

And no, I haven't had a Twinkie in *years*.

--
Peter

"Beech45Whiskey" <pjricc@gmail.com> wrote:

>Texas is a large state. Driving around takes days. You can fly to the
>beach, fly to California, fly north to cool off, or do what you Texans
>do to live up to your motto. :)

The problem with small plane ownership or rental is that once you get
to your destination airport - how do you get around?

This is especially true of smaller town airports. Some of those towns
don't even have taxis so your only solution is to thumb or beg for a
ride (unless you invested in those tiny foldable bikes, powered or
unpowered).

That's a little bit demoralizing after you already spent a quarter
million dollars or more for a small plane ;-(((

-=tom=

Tom Orle <xspam.torle@comcast.net> wrote:

> This is especially true of smaller town airports. Some of those towns
> don't even have taxis so your only solution is to thumb or beg for a
> ride (unless you invested in those tiny foldable bikes, powered or
> unpowered).

Many of the smaller airports that are at least partially attended in the US
still offer crew/courtesy cars.

These cars are normally free to use by transient pilots, but the
pilot/borrower typically tops off the tanks as a thank-you.

Of course, there are a couple of caveats that apply:

1) First come, first served and there usually are only one or two vehicles
available.

2) If arriving after hours, pre-arrangement must be made with the airport
attendant.

Most people's reactions when they hear of this "good old days" carry-over
reply, "What? They just let you, an unknown person, take their car? What
prevents you from stealing it?"

"The fact that they have my airplane parked at their airport."

--
Peter

dallas

"mike wheelock"
> shouldn't that be copy and paste. Cut removes form system.

Darn... hum.. I guess I should give up my career aspirations for being a
technical writer. :)

Dallas

dallas

"Beech45Whiskey"
> This reality check was brought to you by the goodness of Hostess
> Twinkies.

When did you become a Twinkie?

<g>

Dallas

> "Beech45Whiskey"
>> This reality check was brought to you by the goodness of Hostess
>> Twinkies.
>

> When did you become a Twinkie?
>
> <g>
>

> Dallas

If he keeps on with those Twinkies, he will have to redo all his Weight and
Balance calculations. Probably even have to reduce the fuel load!! :)))

Paul

dallas

"Beech45Whiskey"
> Realistically, completing training in a C152 is
> more like US $5,500 - $6,500.

Hum.. thanks for that... somehow in my mind I was sure it was $10K. $6K is
not that bad... (stroking chin in consideration)..

My problem with getting a PPL is, what am I going to do with it in Texas?
Go out and buy $125 hamburgers?

Dallas

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Tom Orle wrote:

> The problem with small plane ownership or rental is that once you get
> to your destination airport - how do you get around?
>
> This is especially true of smaller town airports. Some of those towns
> don't even have taxis so your only solution is to thumb or beg for a
> ride (unless you invested in those tiny foldable bikes, powered or
> unpowered).
>
> That's a little bit demoralizing after you already spent a quarter
> million dollars or more for a small plane ;-(((
>
> -=tom=

Spend $25,000 for a (or is it an) RAF2000 Gyrocopter, get it registered
as a pseudo-motorcycle, land at the airport, stop and secure the blade
and drive into town.

OK, so that's a hassle. Maybe just rent a car. :)

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

To reply privately, get rid of PuPPYmillS
akita_77PuPPYmillS@yahoo.com
(akita_77-note the underscore)

Dallas wrote:

> How does overnight rental work? Lets rent a 172 for $85/hr and fly it for 5
> hours = $425. But, now you are there and you keep it parked at the airport
> for 6 days until you're ready to come home.

What Jay wrote. :) Most FBOs that offer rental aircraft for
instruction will typically require a minimum number of flown hours per
day. The school where I received my certificate requires two hours per
day during the week and three hours per day on the weekend for anyone
interested in taking the aircraft overnight. Thus, if you flew six
hours (according to the Hobbs meter) to get to your destination and
back, you would have flown enough time to cover three days of
overnights during the week and two on the weekend.

Now, most leaseback owners (individuals who lease their aircraft to
FBOs to use as rentals - a common arrangement these days at flight
schools) would probably balk at the idea of someone taking their
aircraft for six days or longer, regardless of the minimum hours that
will be charged. This is because in six days at a modest to busy
school, most rental aircraft will accumulate more than 12 hours of
rental time, the minimum hours per day charged to the pilot taking the
aircraft for 6 days. More hours actually flown by many at the flight
school translates to more lease income for the leaseback owner.

In the long run, if a pilot wants to fly extended trips, and
anticipates flying more than 150 hours per year or so, s/he is much
better off either joining a flying club, where the costs are split
between many individuals, or entering into a partnership with one to
three other owners.

--
Peter

dallas

"Beech45Whiskey"

> "Beech45Whiskey"
>> Texas is a large state. Driving around takes days. You can fly to the
>> beach, fly to California, fly north to cool off
>
> How does overnight rental work? Lets rent a 172 for $85/hr and fly it for
> 5
> hours = $425. But, now you are there and you keep it parked at the
> airport
> for 6 days until you're ready to come home.
>

> Dallas

At most FBO's such long-term away time would fall under the heading of
"special circumstances" where you'd have to sit down with the owner and
hammer out an agreement based on your request and their desire to keep the
hobbs spinning on that rental bird.

Usually for an overnight trip, there will be a minimum rental duration. Say
you fly from Phoenix to Sedona (about an hour each way), you'd probably be
on the hook for a minimum of 4 hours.

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ

PS...If someone were to make such trips regularly, IMO, they'd be much
better off buying a plane or entering into a partnership of some sort and
not renting.

i live in india

so can u tell me any flying club in texas near huston where my uncle
lives so that i can come there and complete my flying training

I have passed my CPL papers

I have done My class I medical

I Just need 200 hrs more on single engine Cessna A 152

Can you suggest me some good flying club in Texas if possible near
Huston

Tell me its wesite i will contact them

Please Help me Out

I need to complete my training as fast as possible

crash

Beech45Whiskey wrote:
> will be charged. This is because in six days at a modest to busy
> school, most rental aircraft will accumulate more than 12 hours of
> rental time, the minimum hours per day charged to the pilot taking the
> aircraft for 6 days. More hours actually flown by many at the flight
> school translates to more lease income for the leaseback owner.

Back in the 60's I took a 150 from the school for a weeks vacation, and they
had a 15hr minimum for that length of time. No problem with that since I
was going from KC on up through Nebraska, South Dakota, and Colorado - but
they weren't too happy when I called them from Rapid City after a brake
locked on landing, pulled me off into a drainage ditch, giving the nose gear
a less than acceptable backward pitch.. The guy that had to ferry the
replacement 150 all the way up to Rapid City and, then back with the
repaired 150, over the scenic corn fields of NE wasn't a happy camper,
either..
d:->))

dallas

"amangill"
> I Just need 200 hrs more on single engine Cessna A 152

Wow... 200 hrs should get you your ATP rating. :)

> Can you suggest me some good flying club in Texas if possible near
> Huston

Nope, don't know anything about Houston training.

Dallas

On 28 Jun 2005 05:39:40 -0700, "Beech45Whiskey" <pjricc@gmail.com>
wrote:

>In the long run, if a pilot wants to fly extended trips, and
>anticipates flying more than 150 hours per year or so, s/he is much
>better off either joining a flying club, where the costs are split
>between many individuals

The club I belong to ($275 annual dues) is 1 hour minimum per day for
extended X-cntry. Located San Diego County, all include fuel (wet
rates).
152 $51
(3) 172's $67
177 RG $96
Warrior $68
Archer II $78
Archer IV $89
Dakota $99
Mooney M20C $87
Citabria $74

"S Herman" <ask@youmayget.com> wrote in message
> On 28 Jun 2005 05:39:40 -0700, "Beech45Whiskey" <pjricc@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>In the long run, if a pilot wants to fly extended trips, and
>>anticipates flying more than 150 hours per year or so, s/he is much
>>better off either joining a flying club, where the costs are split
>>between many individuals
>
> The club I belong to ($275 annual dues) is 1 hour minimum per day for
> extended X-cntry. Located San Diego County, all include fuel (wet
> rates).
> 152 $51
> (3) 172's $67
> 177 RG $96
> Warrior $68
> Archer II $78
> Archer IV $89
> Dakota $99
> Mooney M20C $87
> Citabria $74

Just out of curiosity for comparison's sake, what are the
ages/models/equipment levels of the three 172s?

FWIW, I'm renting from among a 2002, a 2003 and a 2004 172SP all with the
NAV II package (GPS, Moving Map, Autopilot, Dual VORs...) at $105/hr wet.

Jay B