Pocket Word strange "paste" problem

October 16, 2004 10:16:02 PM

Hi all,
When I copy any pocket word (or any My Document" file for that matter) and
then try to paste it into either MS Word or WordPad here is what happens.
The file begins to convert but all I get in either MS Word or WordPad is the
MS Reader symbol. (The capitol R with the leaves behind it).
The files don't show up in MS reader or anywhere else. Any help appreciated.
TIA,
Bill
iPAQ 2215
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 10:16:03 PM

Sounds like you are seeing the file as an "object" probably no content,
simply a "pointer" to the source filename and location.

Have you tried to simply open the file with Word? ...not sure is
Wordpad can read pocket word files.

With activesync, you _will_ have to copy the file to the pc using file
explorer as it cannot be opened through the sync connection while it is
still on the pocketpc.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
October 17, 2004 9:53:27 PM

Thanks Bev. That was it. I forgot to use File Explorer to copy to the
desktop. Gotta remember to stop getting older. Thanks again,
Bill
message news:ucS%23UM7sEHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...